• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Am I being screwed with?!

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I was looking at a apartment on craigslist and these people are renting a apartment in a location thats to good to be true, there are photos but there moving and they want to do everything by mail. They ask for a document asking for a lot of personal info including a photo of me... that seems very weird to me.... I dunno to good to be true? or to good to let past? I just assume because its so little money 300 bucks (I mean its a lot) but not a huge amount its not a scam.. but now that I think about it thats the scam that works right? The one you asume isn't a scam

if it feels like a scam, it's a scam. one way or another.

there's an XKCD thread in S&T i wanted to post this to but...

craigslist_apartments.png

After being fucked with for two years by one person who made up several profiles that I thought were real frirends, I will never be naïve when it comes to the internet. I'll make damn sure anyone I meet is legit. Three years of thinking you have a pal, then she doesn't exist? Hows that for a brain fuck? lol

lol theres a TV show for that SB??? And I forgot its name.... Epic fail of a post here. Oh wait, catfish. *pats myself on the back

Never give information to strangers over the internet, if you meet someone face to face and you have half a brain you should be able to spot a liar. Like someone else said if it's to good to be true it probably is. Be cleaver in life don't be a target.

It is a scam, and a very common one. They also do it with supposedly selling cars for far less than their value. Basically if you can't see it in person, forget it.