• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am I absorbing my norcos?

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I take four norcos a day and I'm trying to get another for five a day but I feel like they don't work. I used to take one norco every other day and felt better then I do now taking four. I've had gastric bypass the severe one called d. S. Also I had my heart fail six months ago and a truck hit me three years ago .
I feel terrible saying this but unless I can get ox or morphine I don't know if one now norco will be enough I do know it's not easy getting them and I I risk what I have by asking for more but I'm miserable so I thought maybe I should chew my norcos or take two together but maybe they will last longer... Get my drift? I mean I'm about to take a norco now and it feels like it doesn't work. I would go to the er and ask for morphine for the pain because I have not slept well in two weeks. Really. Two weeks.

On a side note I've been sober off Cristal meth a year now and am really finding it hard to not go back. Because I gotta say I don't think I can take this long term. But I'm happy thinking things might get better for now. But any other thoughts idea? I'm also very anemic. And have possible internal bleeding in my colon. But it's slow to get seen I've had three colonospys recently and need to get a fourth. But it's taking so long....
What am I going to do. I should be happy with four norcos I should be managing way better

I think it is simply tolerance. Either you take a higher dose or you switch to a stronger opioid.

P.S. Tapentadol / Nucynta has the same analgesia as oxycodone and is much less addictive (according to studies ...)

Agree with ^ Your tolerance has gone up and it will continue to go up. You need to start getting good at managing your pain in other ways or you’re going to run into problems.

Also, I wouldn’t go in asking for more meds, I would go in and ask if there is another medication (on the same level) you can try that might help you more. Tapentadol is an excellent analgesic and it’s definitely more attractive for a Dr to prescribe.

U know ur the First that actually has an idea of the hell im going through. Gastric bypass in 2011, car accident 2013, fibromyalgia seizures breaking my faces slipped disc etc... ive always had tolerance so ive never took pills like that. Im anemic as well actually going tomorrow to get blood levels checked, prolly blood transfusions #3.. I recently had a hysterectomy n dr gave me IB800 n perc 5 they were gone in a day, tolerance n malabsorption play hand in hand. For me i have to take extremely high doses of tramadol n yes im aware of the seizure threshold, i take 2000mg of seizure meds, with the limit of gabapentin... hydros make me itch. Morphine, fentanyl or methadone dont work on me.. at least for pain, i can take hydros but ill run out just like the rest.. n u need to be honest with ur dr n if u cant find a new one. I had to switch bc he kept wanting to give me xr 😒 n no offense to their medical Degree n training but i been in my body for 35 years i think i may know something.

Here in CA my doctor says if I try to switch my pain meds or get any more I face being black listen forever from pain meds. She didn't say it's impossible but she did say she doesn't wave to try and I've only been on pain meds for like three months so I'm giving this a chance. I dunno I really think I should order pills online and I can get tramadol from Mexico. But I've been to jail I don't want to go back so I'm trying very hard to do what she says I just I used to be over weight and I never really solved my eating problems and so I don't know what to do. Last time I gained weight I took meth to lose it and it worked but again I'm doing what my doctor says and I'll let you know if it works. I have a yet unsolved problem. Once they figure it out I hope most of my pain and problems will go away. I'll keep you updated on if things turn for me. I'm not bad right now I tolerate everything very very well its just wtf I just want 1 more norco it would make me so much more happy I don't get a doctor telling someone know when they're still in pain. I have serious nerve damage to my feet so it's not made up. It's real pain they can see. But it's not enough I guess.

With pain syndromes you should definitely aim to use as little as possible. But still you deserve to not feel constant pain. Tricky. So maybe you should just ask for some pregabalin? Or something.

Wow!! Someone who finally gets it.
I had RNY Gastric Bypass as well. Had 3 discs removed and a plate put in my neck. Have degenerative disc disease and spinal/nerve damage.
BC of my medical history, my liver doesn't do well with much of anything. It flips out when I do a shot. It's insane. I was on norco and it did nothing for me. I talked honestly with my doc and now have a fentanyl patch and oxycodone for break-through. I do try and break a tylenol into 3 or 4 pieces and take it with my oxy. Only because I read it does help.

My doctor said if I try to get more I might get black listed for life, she did say I could go to another doctor and maybe they could do it but I have been waiting to bring it back up to her because I don't want to be a person who looks like he's begging for pain pills. But would one pill more make my life much more easy yea. Glad you got something that works, I was given fentyl almost ten years ago and ended up sticking five of the patchs to me at once and it did zero for my pain. I take a mix of nurotin and norcos now and I'm pretty happy i just have other medical problems like a low white blood count, constant peeing, and elevated thyroid levels and low calcium, low iron, lots of little things to fix I have a third colonospy im not thrilled to get, gotta fast for two days too. But it took me fifteen years of doctor hoping until I found a pain clinic, here in CA at least there main job is to give your pain meds if only I knew that before I went there I would of requested oxy and enough of it, instead I started at two pills and she increased it twice and she says that's the limit she can do with the new laws the way they are. I dunno though, seems crazy she can't just give be more. I just except things the way they are next month if things are drasticly better I will see into finding a new pain doctor. There's plenty in my area and they all do the same thing. I'm just not sure I can ask my current doctor her help in finding a replacement for her. Does that make sense.

It's because of tolerance. 20mg of hydrocodone a day is not very much at all. I was addicted to opiates for many years and when I started, 5mg of hydrocodone would get me high. Over the course of time, I had to eventually take like 10 times as much as I used to to get high. I even stopped doing opiates for over 5 years and eventually relapsed, and to this day, no matter how long I take a break for, I need large doses. Like I barely feel 20mg of hydrocodone taken at once, 50mg will start to get me high, basically I just can't effectively get high on hydros. Opioid tolerance will continue to build indefinitely when they are taken daily, unfortunately.

Ok. I Had gastric bypass fifteen years ago. You need to chew your pills. Or atleast cut them in half to absorb them. Next. As far as anemia. You need to have your Ferritin level checked. Your going anemic because it is low. Make your doctor check it. You will get two Ferritin infusions and you should be stable with that for two to three years. Trust my advice I know. What I am talking about. I'm a Long timer when it comes to gastric bypass. Good luck

Ok. I Had gastric bypass fifteen years ago. You need to chew your pills. Or atleast cut them in half to absorb them. Next. As far as anemia. You need to have your Ferritin level checked. Your going anemic because it is low. Make your doctor check it. You will get two Ferritin infusions and you should be stable with that for two to three years. Trust my advice I know. What I am talking about. I'm a Long timer when it comes to gastric bypass. Good luck
Thank you so much!! Hope you also find some relief.

It's because of tolerance. 20mg of hydrocodone a day is not very much at all. I was addicted to opiates for many years and when I started, 5mg of hydrocodone would get me high. Over the course of time, I had to eventually take like 10 times as much as I used to to get high. I even stopped doing opiates for over 5 years and eventually relapsed, and to this day, no matter how long I take a break for, I need large doses. Like I barely feel 20mg of hydrocodone taken at once, 50mg will start to get me high, basically I just can't effectively get high on hydros. Opioid tolerance will continue to build indefinitely when they are taken daily, unfortunately.
the only opiate i'd be tempted to do again would be hydrocodone syrup. tussionex. great to be able to take high doses without apap. i might relapse for some liquid gold

I'm sheltered. Very sheltered. I went from homeless and using meth then a truck hit me crossing the street and looking back I can seriously say yes my life's better now but I was never the same. The thing is I have nerve damage and that's what I get norcos for but the question is where do you get so many norcos? Or are you abusing your own scrypt. My doctor told me I can see other pain doctors and it just upsets me why can't I keep my doctor I have and why won't they give me more? My pains a 8 of 10 when there's no pain meds on me like in the morning. I feel like they wear off to quick. And this might be something I should bring up to my doctor but I'm scared. I don't want to get cut off or black listed, I don't want to upset her but I mean I want like half a norco more a day and she told me no unless something comes up like I break a leg. Which btw I'm more then happy to break my leg for pills. Maybe that makes me a drug addict but what I'm doing now won't last. I have enough money to move out and buy a pound of meth if I want. I'm trying to become a human being again, I want to work. I used to work 7 days a week at my dad's restaurant and I loved it. I just guess I want to know where anyone gets pain meds today like I had a 60mg ox. Who gets that? My pains a 8 out of ten. I just want drugs to cover me Ali the time. It makes sense to me right? This is kinda a long post but I'm smart in willing to do anything to get more pain meds I don't abuse them ever, but sometimes I wake up at 3am and can't sleep again but I can't take a pill until six. So I don't get it. I'll talk to my doctor again it's been like six months sense I asked for pain meds I just wish legally I knew what to say. I'm not lying this time. I want to be taken seriously. One more pill would make a huge difference. Huge. What do I do. Beside cry about it? Really? I'll move is there more friendly state then CA?

I take four norcos a day and I'm trying to get another for five a day but I feel like they don't work. I used to take one norco every other day and felt better then I do now taking four. I've had gastric bypass the severe one called d. S. Also I had my heart fail six months ago and a truck hit me three years ago .
I feel terrible saying this but unless I can get ox or morphine I don't know if one now norco will be enough I do know it's not easy getting them and I I risk what I have by asking for more but I'm miserable so I thought maybe I should chew my norcos or take two together but maybe they will last longer... Get my drift? I mean I'm about to take a norco now and it feels like it doesn't work. I would go to the er and ask for morphine for the pain because I have not slept well in two weeks. Really. Two weeks.

On a side note I've been sober off Cristal meth a year now and am really finding it hard to not go back. Because I gotta say I don't think I can take this long term. But I'm happy thinking things might get better for now. But any other thoughts idea? I'm also very anemic. And have possible internal bleeding in my colon. But it's slow to get seen I've had three colonospys recently and need to get a fourth. But it's taking so long....
What am I going to do. I should be happy with four norcos I should be managing way better
I am allowed 6 Norco 10's in a 24hr period for the burning nerve pain from transverse myelitis, inflammation of the spinal cord. My doctor says I can take 3 every 12hrs bc 1 or 2 is a joke. The 3 barely bring it down a notch and waiting 12hrs is really hard but, as you say, doctors don't want to increase opioids. He let me try Percocet but only one at a time. I could almost hear the pain laughing. Naturally, I need more but he said no so I went back to Norco. Gone are the days when I'd get a nice high from just one. Now I'm just trying to survive.

Gastric bypass at 19, was 455 pounds in 195 now. Almost died had to have a repair surgery. I was hit by a truck 4 years ago spent 6 months in the ER no pain meds (had a head injury) heart failed from meth two years ago I got sober shortly after. I think with my list I deserve ox. It kills me that ox is the better pain killer but I can't get it. I've talken the same amount of pain pills ten years ago. But they still work which is great. I just need 1 more so I'm covered for pain in the morning. I won't give up either. But my doctor made a good point there's other pain doctors in my area, try another. She said it's more to protect me and more for legal reasons that she can't do anything for me anymore except they offer ketamine and while I'm scared to do it because I'm scared it will be a waste at 2500$ they told me it helps to with pain and can change your addiction to be not as serious. I dunno. I just hate myself for screwing everyone by lying and doing drugs for so long. Sober 1.4years now!!! Sigh. And it's my birthday next month. I think I'll do the ketamine treatment for my birthday and if it doesn't help I'll start looking for a new doctor. I just wish I had a friend right now. I have not seen my best friend in a year because of covid. Im so alone. My coppers low too the mental side effects like memory loss is so serious in having trouble just living life. I hope things improve soon. I pray every night. The last time I prayed was before I got sober, but in as worried about why I'm in so much pain, my feet hurt, I can't sleep well. I wish my brother and sister would get sober so they could help me. I'm losing my will to go on. I really am. Sigh. Positive thoughts only!!

Opiates slowly produce perma-tolerance. I was a heavy opiate addict for 10 years. I took 5 years off when I quit, and the n relapsed and have relapsed and quit a few times since then. To this day, it takes 40-50mg of hydrocodone to even feel much of anything at all, I have to take pretty high doses of any opiate if I want to get any real effects.

I'm sheltered. Very sheltered. I went from homeless and using meth then a truck hit me crossing the street and looking back I can seriously say yes my life's better now but I was never the same. The thing is I have nerve damage and that's what I get norcos for but the question is where do you get so many norcos? Or are you abusing your own scrypt. My doctor told me I can see other pain doctors and it just upsets me why can't I keep my doctor I have and why won't they give me more? My pains a 8 of 10 when there's no pain meds on me like in the morning. I feel like they wear off to quick. And this might be something I should bring up to my doctor but I'm scared. I don't want to get cut off or black listed, I don't want to upset her but I mean I want like half a norco more a day and she told me no unless something comes up like I break a leg. Which btw I'm more then happy to break my leg for pills. Maybe that makes me a drug addict but what I'm doing now won't last. I have enough money to move out and buy a pound of meth if I want. I'm trying to become a human being again, I want to work. I used to work 7 days a week at my dad's restaurant and I loved it. I just guess I want to know where anyone gets pain meds today like I had a 60mg ox. Who gets that? My pains a 8 out of ten. I just want drugs to cover me Ali the time. It makes sense to me right? This is kinda a long post but I'm smart in willing to do anything to get more pain meds I don't abuse them ever, but sometimes I wake up at 3am and can't sleep again but I can't take a pill until six. So I don't get it. I'll talk to my doctor again it's been like six months sense I asked for pain meds I just wish legally I knew what to say. I'm not lying this time. I want to be taken seriously. One more pill would make a huge difference. Huge. What do I do. Beside cry about it? Really? I'll move is there more friendly state then CA?
I totally get your suffering. I have fibromyalgia back issues and RSD/CRPS I take 10/325 norco and 8mg dilaudid. For 2yrs I banged black tar herion and it 100 percent took all pain away. I went to rehab but relapsed and Ive been using again.