• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam xr

chill34

Greenlighter
No idea where to put this but I recently tried a switch from clonazepam 1mg x2 and .5 Ativan only when absolutely necessary to xanax xr 1mg. Well the Xanax xr experience was pure hell. All 6 days I tried it I had intense stomach pains even with gas x and pepto, my whole body ached, I was lethargic, slept uneven and would wake up with my joints in excruciating pain. Oh and the headache was just As bad as a migraine, and I’ve had plenty of those. I’ll say that it actually erased My anxiety (only 6 days vs 10 years of clonazepam). So maybe part of it was withdrawal but I had some extra clonazepams and that did nothing so I think the xr formulation just didn’t fit me, and I don’t even want to mess with the ir formula for obvious reasons,besides my doc is hesitant to offer Them. SSRI’s or SNRI’s don’t help,just give me ugly side effects so i have no idea where to go From here.
I guess my questions are has anyone had these same issues with Xanax xr? My doctor claimed the stomach pain wasn’t even a side effect but under drugs.com it’s under less common, so it’s frustrating to know more about these drugs then people paid to know. The other one is what to try next? I doubt Valium’s on the table even though it sounds perfect even though I do have depression. like I said I’ve tried multiple ssri’s and snri’s,wellbutrin, hydroxyzin, and buspirone, along with the above mentioned and I’m on lyrica for nerve pain. So maybe just stick to clonazepam and Ativan which i Don’t think I realized how well it worked even with minimal dosage changes
. Im Pretty sure I had adhd and ocd And when I was younger nobody went to the doctor for things other then the flu or injury so it was never diagnosed. I did have trouble concentrating for more then 5 minutes even in high school and college and I checked the door a dozen times everytime I locked it. i Never noticed these things in my 20’s because partied every night and was either drunk or hungover, so another thing that could be the culprit. Lol so is Xanax xr hard on the body after 10 years on clonazepam? What’s a possble next step that’s helped others? (If not allowed to answer that’s fine) also could undiagnosed adhd and ocd lead to depression and anxiety in adulthood? Thanks and sorry for the garbled post, i really hate Xanax xr.

Xanax XR don't fit your receptor profile. Sudden change has disturbed the system.

Next time refer to the Ashton manual before a dramatic change.

Xanax XR don't fit your receptor profile. Sudden change has disturbed the system.

Next time refer to the Ashton manual before a dramatic change.
Thanks for the info, never heard of it but wish I had. Now that I’m switching back to clonazepam my body has adjusted. 60 clonazepams and 60 ativans are cheaper then 30 Xanax xr anyways.