• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

alprazolam vs lorazepam for instant stim come down

AmpmeNoMore

Greenlighter
Hey there

As stated, between the two above mentioned benzos, which are the best to come down from stims or a "overdose" or "overstim' effect from your doc. Which would be the best or kick in the quickest?

Xanax or alprazolam would definitely act faster and be the better choice. It has more of a noticeable onset compared to lorazepam in my opinion and is stronger

Agreed, Alprazolam and if you are not used to benzo's not much is needed. 0.25/ 0.5 could do it.

I think it can really be just a matter of personal preference. I think both would work well for this purpose at the appropriate dosage.

Because you're dealing with over-stimulation, you will likely require a higher than usual dosage to counteract the symptoms.

Regardless of if you need a higher dose, you can start with something like 1mg Lorazepam (Ativan) or .5mg (Alprazolam) and titrate based upon how you feel 45 minutes later.

If you find this dose doesn't even touch you, you should be able to safely increase. I wouldn't recommend it outright, but I personally could take 3mg Alprazolam with stimulants on board.

You've just gotta do some experimentation, but do so safely and let us know if you have any questions.

My tolerance is way beyond now. I don't even know how much I can take before I feel sedated. Mg's upon mg's probably. But when Etizolam appeared 1mg pills. At the start 1/2 was enough for sleep.

0.25/0.5 mg imagine that ammount worked when I Benzo's sporadically.

Sublingual while lying in bed helps i feel.