• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

alprazolam uk why not

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
Firstly im not trying to obtain or buy these tabs but my question is you seem to be able to get a 4 week diazepam script at least here in britain but when it comes to xanax as there called docs make out there like extinct when actually there a lot shorter acting than valium and stay in your system less time as valium is one of the most longest acting benzo about especially when it comes to half life its like 10-15 hours ive been on them for over 20 years tried to dettox until i got to zero then it really kicked in i thought i was going to die cant explain da feeling you will know if your like me. Anyway in usa xanax seem to be like smarties, why is this and does anyone know why uk drs dont prescribe them i wont buy off internet dont trust it though ive never tried. Its too much hassle then ttheir would be that massive worry of when will they come and are they real . I dont need that stress ive thought about going private but again are you guaranteed to get them i ask myself, sorry im rabbling here , so does anyone know why uk drs play dumb or just refuse them . Thanks

think it all boils down to the NHS and what they stock.
if you go private you've got a pretty decent chance for getting xanax prescribed legitimately but other than that...

I guess it is just different in every country.. here in the US, a lot of doctors hate prescribing valium(diazepam) for whatever reason, but will prescribe klonopin, xanax or Ativan like it is no big deal.. it is pretty random from one doc to the next, how they feel about benzos, and if they don't mind scripting them, which ones they like/dislike.. I don't see why it would make a difference.. they are all the same when I comes to abuse or over use potential(Xanax, maybe being a bit more of an abused benzo because it is so short acting, and you sometimes tend to constantly redose and forget how much you have already taken.. plus its the most popular benzo, on the streets here at least where I live..), I know because I am too, dependent on benzos, and have been prescribed mostly klonopin over the years, but was also on valium for a good while from my old bupe maintenance doc(who would prescribe pretty much any benzo you asked for, he didn't mind them at all, and he would give them out in relatively high doses).. and I tried taking Xanax, prescribed to me also from my old doc, for about a month, and much preferred my klonopin/valium, I think I was on klonopin for about 1.5 years, then tried Xanax didn't like it that much to trade my klonopin for it, then got on valium, and then switched sub docs, and was put back on klonopin because my current, newer sub doc, hated valium and wanted me off it.. I can see how you would be curious about Xanax, but really, it isn't THAT great tbh.. I really like clonazepam and diazepam, much more than alprazolam(Xanax).. and I HATE Ativan, that is a joke of a benzo.. for me anyways. Everyone is very different though with this class of drug, benzos..

^ damnn Il2n, they bounced you back and forth quite a bit didn't they?
guess its all down to a bit of personal preference, in the doctors and the patients, but i actually preferred ativan over xanax?
at risk of going a little too subjective here. but yeah basically xanax is pretty hard to get in the UK.

There are so many intermediate acting benzodiazepines available in the UK with fast onset (even long acting ones - as despite diazepam's epic duration of action they can take as little as 15 minutes to onset making them viable for the control of panic attacks in some folks) that I suppose NICE didn't see a clinical need to recommend the widespread use of alprazolam. Given the dependency problems we already have with existing benzodiazepines, especially among polydrug users (temazepam anyone?) they probably did not want to create a surplus in a triazolo - compound that is possibly one of the worlds most popular choice for benzodiazepine abuse.

Unfortunately the demand for this drug has created a BM in clandestine alprazolam 'bars' in the UK, which I have seen in certain quarters available in stupefying dose units of up to five milligrams. I've never really been arsed with them personally but that's just me - I know how popular they are amongst some of my peers and more representatively, the BL community. I doubt it has the nick - name 'crack of benzos' for nowt......