• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Alpha adrenergic AGONISTS?

Seeing as how people with eating disorders actually get "high" off of starving themselves and the feeling of hunger, I wouldn't say that I would trust those particular girl's reports of Reboxetine.

I don't understand the off label use for panic disorder either wouldn't it just make them more anxious

NE can actually increase GABA release in some cases, not that GABA can't play a role in anxiogenesis. There is this sort of umbrella association of NE with anxiety and GABA with anxiety relief - those might not be the cases 100% of the time. NRI is also going to increase the function of the PFC (although that is non-linear) so there could benefits with increased executive function that override more sympathetic activation from NE in the limbic system or what have you.

In general I think the response to NE is non-linear when considered across the major subtypes a1, a2 and b2.

Last edited:
I mean I barely knew them but they def didn't drastically change over the weeks of treatment

Anyway I think relating to this eye drops can you tell me how much is there like a mg amount of the drug and how r u supposed to take it orally or. On your eye?

Anyway I think relating to this eye drops can you tell me how much is there like a mg amount of the drug and how r u supposed to take it orally or. On your eye?

It comes in two formulations.
0.1 and 0.01%, naphazoline being the active ingredient.

Taken normally into the eye, for immediate release into the bloodstream.
15 to 20 mintues, if NE is the implicated NT is CFS, it should yield an energy increase - some degree of remission from CFS.

Only thing is, here, it comes only in the 0.01 formulation.
0.1% concentration is essential to its functioning.

A drop is like 0.050 ml 0.1℅ is 0.00005 ml or 1/100 of 50 mg is 0.5 0.1℅ therefore is 0.05 mg which atless it's like LSD I doubt it could do anything

Clonidine is a alpha adrenic drug active in fractions of a mg but even if it as is strong as clonidine we are talking dripping it into the eye live many many times which I don't think is even possible

The eye has relatively poor circulation. Have some experience after having to use quite a bit of an antimuscarinic, after having my cornea scorched by an erupting vessel of strong base, after to put it mildly, an unfortunate mishap.

And clonidine doesn't increase NE release, quite the opposite. Its an alpha2 agonist and causes the body to slam the breaks on NE production. Can make one quite tired in excessive dosages. Especially >1mg (if your used to the drug, I've taken it for quite a while)

I dont mean clonidine increases norepinephrine i mean that its unlike the amount of this drug in the drops will do anything

hi, question here, alpha adrenergic agonists work opposite to vasoconstriction, correct? any clues of alpha adrenergic antagonists??

Antagonists of the alpha adrenic type 2 receptors
Aripiprazole
Asenapine
Atipamezole
Cirazoline
Clozapine
Efaroxan
Idazoxan
Lurasidone
Melperone
Mianserin
Mirtazapine
Napitane
Olanzapine
Paliperidone (also primary active metabolite of Risperidone)
Phenoxybenzamine
Phentolamine
Piribedil[20][21]
Rauwolscine
Risperidone
Rotigotine (α2B antagonist, non-selective)
Quetiapine
Norquetiapine (primary active metabolite of Quetiapine)
Setiptiline
Tolazoline
Yohimbine
Ziprasidone
Zotepine (discontinued)

Source wikipedia

I believe alpha 1 adrenic receptors increase bp but im not sure and i think an example is the use of phenylephrine to increase bp