View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Alone for my first trip?

Flipagrand

Greenlighter
Hey guys so i want to try shrooms for the first time, i was thinking of taking a 1/8 cause i have read its better to be fully taken by the drug cause to low of a dose will cause you snapping out of the high making you more anxious im thinking about 45 minutes in i will smoke a joint to make sure i dont get the nauseous ( i dont get anxious while high so im all good there ) the problem is i rent out the basement of a house to people who are like to come down and make sure im not smoking pot either way they go to bed around 9 so i was thinking i would take the shrooms around 9:30 so they wont be coming down. I dont have any really close friends who i fully trust to watch me so i think ill just chill im a dim room listening to music and meditating but if i get bored of that ima watch alice in wonderland or the wizard of oz (newer one) Do ya'll think this is a good plan? Any tips? Thanks!

Eh... it's not really a good plan. You want to trip in a safe place, but it sounds like your basement is not that.

Can you go to a park or something? It would be better if you could go somewhere with few people around where you know you won't get hassled for smoking.

Since it's your first time and you'll be alone, I REALLY recommend you start with a smaller dose. Despite what you've heard, there are a lot more things that can go wrong on a full dose than on a half dose.

I agree that it really doesn't sound like a good environment. They may go to bed at 9pm but you can't control external factors. Anything could make them come down to check on you. It would be all too easy to develop an anxiety that they may come down to you. Mushrooms can be very intense and can throw thoughts at you that you may not have had before.

You want to have as much control over the environment as possible, especially for your first psychedelic experience. Cannabis also tends to turn the effects of psychedelics up a notch or two. I don't get anxious or paranoid when smoking cannabis but, if I smoke when I trip, it can change the whole nature of the experience.

I'd recommend taking a very low dose for assisted meditation in this instance but not a "trips worth" of shrooms. Say half a gram to a gram. Maybe after getting your feet wet with that get some Caapi and sip on a little to enhance it but defnitely take it easy if it's your first time. It's your first time and when it happens i think you'll find that taking less your first time and gradually transitioning into higher doses will benefit you greatly.

But i personally prefer to have the trip area to myself all-together seeing as psychedelics are my religion and i prefer to keep it personal nowa days. If you want i could pm you some more personal experiences with some mistakes i've made with setting up my tripping environment?