View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Almost no memories from LSD experience

Vaki

Greenlighter
I tried LSD about 7-8 months ago. It was my first and last (so far) experience with LSD. Even though I remember having a great time and enjoying the CEV very much, the next day I couldn't remember almost anything else. I would randomly remember stuff from my trip over the cousre of the next few days but I still can't remember a very big part of my trip. I was tripping alone so there isn't anyone who can help me remember.

I suddenly became extremely intrested in remembering as much as I can because of a very recent realization I made about an experience during my trip (when I collect more info I will post it, I think it's very intresting). I want to analyze my trip now that I can think clearly/soberly so I can possibly find other profound experiences but I can't remember much, no matter how hard I try. Looking through my computer history and listening to the exact same playlist helped me remember a couple of things more but it's not enough.

My question is: Is it normal to not remember nothing except for some very characteristic moments? My dose was supposedly just 100ug. I doubt that I was scammed and was sold something else cause it was completely tasteless and I also doubt it was more than 100-120ug. What do you guys think?

In my experience, this is not unusual. Even 100 mcg of LSD is enough to occasionally cause some memory loss. This is especially true for people who are sensitive to the drug.

It's one of the disadvantages of tripping without a friend or sitter!

Yes, it's entirely normal, with all psychedelics, though some much more than others.

As far as the visuals go, you will never under any circumstances remember in vivid detail all or sometimes even most of the complex patterns or imagery you see during a trip. This is primarily for the same reason that you would not remember most of a large collection of extremely detailed pieces of art all flashed in front of your eyes one after the other for a couple seconds or even less each: it is simply too much detail that is new to recall that well. However, this problem is then increased even more so by what I will say next.

Essentially, the easiest way to think of it in this case would be like dream. No matter how extremely vivid, emotional, or lucid a dream is, the majority of the less important details will vanish as soon as you wake up, and if you don't make an effort to remember it all when you do, it may vanish entirely. The only way to enhance your memory is through experience, working on making sure you remember everything you can each time when it's over, and learning how to make the most of what's there.

The same is true with tripping, first of all because you will become more accustomed to and familiar with the psychedelic state with experience, but also because you will get better at recalling things afterward the more you practice at it. Another nice bonus that comes with it is the fact that previous trips are much easier to remember when you're tripping again, so you can try to use that to your advantage to makes notes of things later. As for making the most of what's there, even if a lot of the visuals escape you, I can say that it does get easier to remember things about what you think or do over time. The more you understand the hallucinogenic state itself that the drug provides, the more you can use that and your understanding of how it effects you to pull things out of the mist that you may have previously forgotten. And when that all comes rushing back in, sometimes you even do get greeted with things like nice visual memories you didn't even realize were gone....

Ultimately though, some things are just going to disappear forever. Clocktower is right, having a sitter as reference definitely helps a lot this way, but having people around can also ground the experience in some ways. It's a trade-off. Usually though, after you have some experience, and as long as you don't dose so high that you literally black out, you can remember at least something. Even just a feeling.

In any case, I hope your memory comes back to you somehow.

It'll start flashin back to ya hahaha, my trips always have vivid moments that stick with me for months as well as blank spaces. Much like a dream, certain things (music, smells etc) can bring you back to that memory of realization. Also like a dream, some of the imagery will stick with you, while some of it will be forgotten.

Pretty common problem really, I don't necessarily black out but there are certain things I don't remember. Time isn't quite the same on LSD and linear memories aren't recorded normally. No worries.

Pretty much. It's weird seeing memories come alive while trying to remember the experience (esp with CEVs). Lsd is certainly not conducive to remembering the entire experience, and I would agree that time dilation has a lot to do with it. So on that note, on most psychs if you can't remember the entire trip, then that's nothing to worry about. None of us can remember everything to its minute detail, sober or not. With lsd, probably even less so besides the particular points that resonate with you.