• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Almost had seizure in Tramadol???

opiatekrzy

Bluelighter
Hello bluelighters,

I have a serious issue I wanted to share with all you, possibly for feedback or answers as to what had happen to me the other day, before I start I want to tell you all I am prescribed Tramadol for pain.

The other morning when I woke up, I decided to "treat" myself with a few extra tramadol than usual, so I took 250mg (5 tablets). I went about my morning as usual, enjoying a cup of coffee and eating a bagel.
I decided to watch a music video on my phone , as I was watching the video, I started to feel very nauseous, thinking it was the tramadol taking effect, it got to the point where it was too much watching the video on the screen, so I put the phone down, and I started to feel VERY WEIRD, I was losing balance and fell to my knees slowly to catch a grip on myself, and felt like my body was tensing up, and then my whole body, and especially my head was tingling and BURNING and felt hot, like on fire. I grabbed my phone and called for 911, but then I decided not to...I ran to the sink and drank a whole bunch of water, as I was shaky and sweaty, the feeling went away...but I was nervous for a few hours after and my left leg was shakey. I literally thought I was going to drop dead...

I plan to go to my doctor , I'm just scared that my body was trying to shut down but I somehow stopped it, also scared that all my years of drug abuse had caught up to me and I'm prone to dying.

Can anyone tell me what they think this could of been? Could this have been a pre seizure due to the lowered threshold going Above 150mg? Or is a seizure something you can't realize your having? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm no doctor, but it could have been seizure activity of some type. I strongly suggest not to take Tramadol in such high doses, the risks are well documented. Hope you're feeling better now, dude! :)

it sounds like serotonergic activity to me, possibly minor symptoms of serotonin syndrome.
I used to take tramadol and had to stop because I felt that way every time I took it for about 2 hours, then I was good to go.

Were you taking anything else at the time that would contribute to SS?

Neurontin, and a stomach pill "onandestron" except i didnt take the stomach pill that morning, and was withdrawling from suboxone at the time. ..but this feeling literally felt like my body was shutting down, I literally thought I was gonna die right there. .it just feels like this is some major underlying problem, and need answers. I know bluelight won't have all the answers. I'm just nervous and curious until I see my doctor..

neither of those medications would contribute to SS and are commonly prescribed together. I could be mistaken but the gabapentin should protect against seizure activity to a degree.

Just from personal experience I could see WD from bupe combined with the extreme SNRI activity present in the first couple hours of tramadol ingestion creating a very uncomfortable experience like you describe.

I'm just talking though. as you stated, the doctor is where it's at
for safety I'd probably lay off the trams or lower at least, until able to see provider.

why aren't you using a traditional opioid? the whole doctors think tramadol is safer thing? lol

Because of my history of addiction my doctor gives me tramadol ..does what I described look like an attempt at my body trying to shut down or something unrelated to the tramadol, like a heart problem or anything? Sorry for rambling on..thanks bluelighters. .!

maybe the combination of other drugs contributed to lower the seizure threshold. I heard not to mix amphétamine and other stimulants (caffeine) or SSRI meds like wellbutrin. Be careful with tramadol they are addictive and dangerous to abuse.

yeah, trams do that. i think anything over 300mgs is seizure-risk territory.

Does what I described even sound like seizure activity? The best way I can describe how I felt is when one takes too strong of a hit of crack cocaine and feels sick or like a heart attack is about to take place. I see the doctor tomorrow to hopefully switch to something safer...

^ i'm not a doctor and i'd rather not speculate on what it may have been, just letting you know that tramadol is pretty infamous for seizures, i was just going on your thread title. glad you're okay and yeah see a dr