• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Allergic to Shrooms/Psilocybin or coincedence?

nooodle

Bluelighter
A week ago i decided to try shrooms with two of my friends, we all had basically 2g each (more like 1.8g) at one of my mates house, the shrooms were from a person who picked them this August and said they were still potent.
(This was my first time trying shrooms, the other times i had *tried shrooms* i had 3g twice but nothing really happened and i later found out they were a year old, which was probably why nothing really happened, yet i had no bad effects like i'm going to explain soon).

So as i just said, i'd tried 3g of shrooms before on two occasions but nothing really happened because they were over a year old and potentially lost their potency, this time i'd gotten us some from this August so i thought they would work.
Me and my friends all started munching on them and swallowed once they were fully mushed up, an hour goes by and they were kicking in. We weren't even really tripping, not much visually going on except everything just looked like HD resolution and really beautiful but no tracers/real visuals/closed eyed/symbols or anything which we all experienced. We had sort of a head high but we weren't really tripping that hard, I was managing to skate on shrooms and was pretty decent and every trick felt amazing.

Going on it was about two hours after i had taken the shrooms, it was fun but not really tripping out hard. I started to get really itchy but i brushed it off as nothing, few more minutes go by I'M REALLY itchy now. My face was swelling up and becoming numb, i looked fucked up. But i felt fine, aside from itching the fuck out of every piece of skin on me. I told one of my friends, and we rushed back inside of my mates house.
One thing lead to another, my friends mum who is chill as fuck and a doctor looked at me and said i'll be fine, i wasn't really panicking anyway and i thought this the whole time, it was more of my friends who were freaking out. It swelled up my whole face and made me look so much older, i legit looked like a 50 year old man for a few hours. I slowly stopped itching and as i stopped itching the swelling got better over a few hours and i felt better in a bit.

So i'm pretty sure i'm allergic to Psilocybin/Magic mushrooms, my friends had the exact same shrooms as me and dose.
Unless it was something else? Any explanations, ideas...?

ALSO:
(can someone explain why 2g had barely any real visuals? Every website/forum says 1.5-2g is a good begginer dose where you will see slight visual patterns ect.)

Patches vary in potency alot i assume your doing psilocybe subergariosa since its australia. 2g dried that had been freshly picked and dried had me seeing entities in NZ total ego death and insane visuals for 4 hours. I hear depending on what australian state they are in can be alot weaker than our NZ variety.

different species will have different potency.

The person who picked them must a be a complete moron in drying them and store them. Once cracker dry from been dehyradted with dessicant they need to be air sealed with silica gel packets and stored away at a low temp in a air tight jar to retain potency. If stored wrong they will very quickly lose all potency.

2 g dried starting with a species as potency if it was freshly picked would of been to much for people with lack of experince with shrooms. So its lucky they were not the maxed out crazy potency this species can get.

Shrooms have to be quickly ingested within a few mintues to get maximum effect out of them on a empty stomach. best to put them into vege caps so it hits all at once instead of each shroom been delayed. 1.4 g of this species and cannabis had me seeing intense visuals and extreme body high where the music blasted me into the 4th dimension.

These woodlover shrooms have alot of bacteria from rotting wood. This why its important that the drying is done properly and the shrooms are cleaned.

But i believe your are allergic. Are you allergric to crab meat? if so you will also be allegric to shrooms

They have a substance called chitin around the cell walls which is very hard to digest and some people are allergic to it. You could possibily get around this making shroom tea and straining out the solids.

Patches vary in potency alot i assume your doing psilocybe subergariosa since its australia. 2g dried that had been freshly picked and dried had me seeing entities in NZ total ego death and insane visuals for 4 hours. I hear depending on what australian state they are in can be alot weaker than our NZ variety.

different species will have different potency.

The person who picked them must a be a complete moron in drying them and store them. Once cracker dry from been dehyradted with dessicant they need to be air sealed with silica gel packets and stored away at a low temp in a air tight jar to retain potency. If stored wrong they will very quickly lose all potency.

2 g dried starting with a species as potency if it was freshly picked would of been to much for people with lack of experince with shrooms. So its lucky they were not the maxed out crazy potency this species can get.

Shrooms have to be quickly ingested within a few mintues to get maximum effect out of them on a empty stomach. best to put them into vege caps so it hits all at once instead of each shroom been delayed. 1.4 g of this species and cannabis had me seeing intense visuals and extreme body high where the music blasted me into the 4th dimension.

These woodlover shrooms have alot of bacteria from rotting wood. This why its important that the drying is done properly and the shrooms are cleaned.

But i believe your are allergic. Are you allergric to crab meat? if so you will also be allegric to shrooms

They have a substance called chitin around the cell walls which is very hard to digest and some people are allergic to it. You could possibily get around this making shroom tea and straining out the solids.
I'm in South Australia so i have whatever shrooms grow here, the guy i got off stored them in an air tight jar (atleast what he told me before i got them). We all swallowed them within a few minutes, we shoved most of them in our mouth and crunched on them until they were mushed. I've never tried crab meat in my life, but i'm pretty sure i'm allergic.

I'm in South Australia so i have whatever shrooms grow here, the guy i got off stored them in an air tight jar (atleast what he told me before i got them). We all swallowed them within a few minutes, we shoved most of them in our mouth and crunched on them until they were mushed. I've never tried crab meat in my life, but i'm pretty sure i'm allergic.
Yeah it will be psilocybe subergariosa. australia also have summer season shrooms up in NSW. With dry shrooms i cut up the caps and stems into small pieces and put mouthfuls in and swallow down with water til i have consumed my dose gets them in nice and fast. The patch must of just been low potency. I still have some shrooms in my stash dried that i got in april and still retain about 80% potency.

Yes, they are definitely very classic symptoms of an allergic reaction. The facial numbness and swelling is particularly worrying and the next stage after that is anaphylaxis. Consider yourself very lucky you didn't take any more than you did and do not take them again.

Yes, they are definitely very classic symptoms of an allergic reaction. The facial numbness and swelling is particularly worrying and the next stage after that is anaphylaxis. Consider yourself very lucky you didn't take any more than you did and do not take them again.
I felt physically fine, it was just annoying with the itching. I'm pretty lucky and yeh, ill be sticking to LSD :)