• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

All About O-DSMT - MEGATHREAD

Ericjones03

Bluelighter
Hey there guys, I'm planning on venturing into the world of research chem opioids- namely O-DSMT or O-Desmethyltramadol but I've got a problem that's probably shared by many others too. Please correct me if I simply haven't looked enough, but the problem is that I feel as though there's a huge lack of information on dosages (PW has a page for it, but I always look for multiple sources), experiences, and general information for O-DSMT. I've only seen small threads consisting of a few posts here and there, but no megathread for it, and considering how it's said to show more of the traditional opiate high (it was even compared to Morphine in one post) vs. Tramadol's stack of stimulation and opiate euphoria, it seems as though it would be educational to have a place for all to discuss this chemical. To start, if anyone has detailed experience reports- yes, I know about Erowid, but there's only 7 so far- please share then here, I'm very interested in giving this a try, as Tramadol is one of my favorite DOC's. And for all other information that anybody has, it'd be great to hear about that too, too much research can never harmful, but too little sure as hell can!
Thanks everyone!

KK edit:

O-desmethyltramadol is the main active metabolite (metabolized by CYP2D6) of the pharmaceutical tramadol.
What we know:
The half life of O-DSMT seems to be around 9 hours [1]
O-DSMT seems to not be a SSRI (tested concentrations up to 5 µmol/l) [2]
(-)-O-DSMT seems to be a NRI [3] while (+)-O-DSMT might cause norepinephrine release [3][4]
O-DSMT seems to inhibit the serotonin receptor 5-HT2C [5]
(+)-O-DSMT has a Ki (in µM) of 0.017 for mu-opioid receptor (for reference morphine has a Ki of 0.0021), 0.69 for delta and 1.8 for kappa [6]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well ODMT is going to be similar if not identical to tramadol, save the potency. ODMT is pretty much the only reason tramadol gives any kind of high so any experience with tramadol can pretty much sum up a ODMT experience, except that ODMT experiences will be more consistent due to it not having to be metabolized before becoming active.

Well ODMT is going to be similar if not identical to tramadol, save the potency. ODMT is pretty much the only reason tramadol gives any kind of high so any experience with tramadol can pretty much sum up a ODMT experience, except that ODMT experiences will be more consistent due to it not having to be metabolized before becoming active.
Thanks for the reply. I read something similar to what you said, it was about O-DSMT just being the metabolite responsible for the analgesic properties of Tramadol, not necessarily the euphoria side of it. From what I've gathered by reading a couple experience reports as well as other research, there should also be plenty of room for "surprise effects" that the parent compound has that Tramadol is lacking of. I also notice that you're calling it ODMT, is that simply to shorten it or is it a more-known nickname where I'd be able to find more about it by searching?

That's just how I chose to abbreviate it, actually it's probably not a good idea since it kind of looks similar to DMT

That's just how I chose to abbreviate it, actually it's probably not a good idea since it kind of looks similar to DMT
"Tramadol- My Psychedelic of Choice" It would be nice for sure, but yeah, to clarify in case anyone else reads this, it's definitely not a psych or tryptamine...

You're right, it doesn't look like we have a megathread for O-DSMT, so let's start one :D

OP, I added a few things to your post, hope you don't mind

Last edited:
To quote some more useful information that I found from a source online:
  • It has a longer duration than tramadol and more typical opioid-like effects, although it still impacts monoaminergic systems to an extent that seems to influence the effect profile.
  • O-DSMT has not been studied for medical uses, but it likely has efficacy in the same conditions as typical opioids like oxycodone and morphine.
  • The onset is generally around 00:30 to 1:00
There's some information on this that's easily found online, but I'm going to aim to only publish the hard-to-find pieces of information from now on.

Hey does anyone know what the dose conversion to hydrocodone or oxycodone would be?

Hey does anyone know what the dose conversion to hydrocodone or oxycodone would be?
Everyone's different, but in my limited experience with o-dsmt (tried it a total of 4 times and gave it away, you'll see why in a second) I found it to be pretty much equipotent to oxycodone. I found the effects to be extremely similar to oxy too, with a rather stimulating high. At the time I was taking 1-1.5g of codeine a day and whatever else came my way, so my tolerance to opioids was pretty solid. I started at 50mg and never went above 60mg. I found that dosage range to be very close to the equivalent dose of oxycodone (original 'contins), although others may disagree.
I gave away almost 5g because I was getting to the point where addiction was becoming detrimental to real life. I'd been playing the game for a decade give or take, and I got the o-dsmt as a tool to taper myself to freedom. However, I enjoyed it more that I thought I would, it was also better and more potent than I thought it would be. The last thing I wanted was to fall deeper, so fucked it off and quit 'em all.
Think I even had a recovery post somewhere...
My point is that cheap, potent and unregulated/unlimited opioids are a dangerous thing. If you're not already pretty deep I'd highly recommend newcomers stay away from o-dsmt.

Or maybe I was highly sensitive lol, who knows.

Hey sup guys it's odsmt something similar to tapentadol? Cause i love tapentadol and tramadol

I've been tempted to give this one a shot, but I'm very hesitant about it due to my history of seizures from tramadol itself. I know theres a big difference in their respective pharmacological properties, but it still seems likely to be worth the risk. Got a 100mg sample for free just sitting around, so I may try it at some point, then again I could just give it to a friend who is more likely to benefit from it. Tough call...

That's all and all that has been discussed on the megathread this substance? Very little info

I found out just now this is legal in NL. I am ordering it to try it. Could be my savior to taper in the case I have to wait an eternity to get on methadone program

As general drug entrepreneur with serious lack on the Opiod section. o-DSMT scored very high.

Tramadol the lowest, as for one I has many effects that creates a ceiling. 50 mg maybe a little (60) but more and flat on the bed or puke fest. Itchy stuff too, so without OD-ing the effects are that bad I recline when offered.

Codeine, sleepy.

Kratom came near, is way more dirty and stimulating. And also has a ceiling of its own after which more is not better.

o-DSMT. I didn't do the math as I have no idea how much Tramadol eventually becomes 0-DSMT. But I am convinced its more then the equivalent of 50 mg Tramadol. The dosages I am taking, tolerance comes very quick though. Could't sleep afterwards what was new to me. Like is that possible.
Anyone know the general conversion.