• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Alkaloids in Opium Poppy and Cannabis leaves for smoking?

oreocub

Bluelighter
So this might seem a smoke of desperation, but alkaloids like morphine and codeine are found in the plant of opium poppy leaves, though at a very lower concentration than raw opium, the same principal is found with cannabis leaves, male or female, (I would expect female leaves would have some more thc,but in no way as much or near as found in the resin of female buds)

Kratom powder is typically just powder of grinded up leaves of Mitragyna speciosa and the pyschoactive alkaloids are found in the leaves. Grams of the kratom powder have to be digested to feel effect.

Would the same principal apply for leaves of opium poppies and cannabis? Would smoking ruin some of the alkaloids and make it basically worthless to smoke? We could assume the older and potent the plant, the more alkoloids contained, but assume some of the alkaloids are destroyed by heat.

So is smoking opium poppy and cannabis leaves with tobacco a waste? Has anyone done this? When I smoked opium poppy leaves before I tried any opiates, I felt a moderate relaxation but this could be a placebo effect. It is also very harsh on the lungs unless properly dried.

other similar posts
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-593531.html?