• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

ALD-52 question

kman1898

Greenlighter
So by know we've probably all heard of the LSD analog ALD-52 but odds are good most of us haven't tried it. So recently I've been hearing of ALD-52 going around in my area, crystal is supposedly dissolved into alcohol or water and since it's not mass produced chances are its not actually going around and it is more likely 25-I or 25-c. So my first question is since ALD-52 is simply 1-acetyl LSD there chemical structures are almost identical so does that mean that in microgram doses it has no taste just like LSD? Also apparently ALD-52 hydrolysis's readily to LSD by way of heat, light and or water. So if this is true then how could anyone ever convert crystal ALD-52 to and aqueous solution because using everclear or water should cause it to become LSD. Just wondering y'alls thoughts I've been super curious about this.

We really don't know about the stability of ALD. It seems that all of the rumours about its chemical stability stem from the prosecution of the famous "Orange Sunshine" case in 1969. Indole nitrogen substitutions are generally pretty stable because you need to break the aromaticity in order to remove them.

I don't doubt for a second that what's going round isn't ALD-52 but I do think a non-chemist prosecution lawyer in the 60's is probably not the best source for this.

Indole-N-acylamides do hydrolyse in water, especially in acidic water.
Given the sheer cost of manufacture of LSD these days, and the fact that the synthesis of ALD just adds more controlled chemicals into the mix, you're correct in assuming it's 25x-NBOMe though.

I've said this before, but I had some ald-52 in the 90's, from a reputable source (the only one tmk at the time) and I noticed no real difference between this and LSD.

1. Maybe it wasn't, there were some serious skills in this bunch balanced by serious bullshitting. And pathos.
2. Maybe I was too fried to notice a difference
3.9 maybe I noticed a gentler come up if anything, but power of suggestion when it comes to strong psychedelics is a powerful thing.

In conclusion, I don't think you have it. Not for the reasons listed above, but for the obvious ones, like a few that Sekio listed.

Personally I think if you gave a double blind taste test between LSD and ALD nobody could tell the two apart. There is no reason to believe N-acetyl LSD would persist for very long in aqueous media, and especially in stomach acid.

I've never known two psychedelic drugs that I could not distinguish in the event that I had at least some baseline clue regarding what I was taking.

Given LAD-25/52 I don't doubt for a second I'd be able to tell some difference.

Given either one blind and forced to guess, I would not be totally confident. But I'd give myself 9 out of 10 odds on that one.

Bold statement. Especially when the instrument being measured is measuring itself, all haywire. I'm very skeptical of this kind of claim.

Good point but anyone aware of this would therefore avoid the water and just use ethanol absolute in a controlled environment when making liquid or laying blotter, would they not?
But yeah it would be a shame for ignorant people to finally get their hands on the stuff and mess it up by not paying enough attention to one of the degradation factors. :)

The new 1-acyl derivatives of the lysergic acid series thus provided by the present invention are well-crystallizing compounds which form crystalline salts. They are readily distinguishable from the starting compounds by means of the Keller color reaction. Whereas the non- -_ acylated derivatives of lysergic acid and dihydrolysergic acid instantaneously give the typical blue coloration when shaken with glacial acetic acid containing iron chloride and with concentrated sulfuric acid, the new acyl deriva55 tives first yield a colorless solution in which, only after a - period of several minutes, a characteristic coloration develops. The 1-acetyl-lysergic acid compounds are characterized by a violet-blue coloration, while the 1-acetyldihydrolysergic acid compounds give a greenish blue color reaction. With Keller's reagent, the 1-acetoacetyl-lysergic acid derivatives and the 1-acetoacetyl-dihydrolysergic acid derivatives give a green coloration.
The new acyl derivatives of the present invention are stable to dilute acids. On the other hand, when the said acyl derivatives are heated with aqueous.sodium carbonate solution or are allowed to stand with alkali, the acyl group is hydrolytically split off. The new products of the invention possess pharmacodynamic properties which are generally similar to those of the corresponding nonacylated lysergic acid derivatives, and can therefore generally be used like the latter. In some cases, improved properties result from the acylation.

Source

http://www.google.com/patents/US2810723?printsec=abstract#v=onepage&q&f=true