Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ALD-52 - need help to maximize experience

loocipher

Greenlighter
Hello all,
Been reading bluelight for years, but this is my first post. I'm a long time psychedelic user, using LSD and shrooms extensively in the late 90s and early 2000s. Had a few experiences that truly altered my consciousness permanently, in a very positive way.

That being said, throughout the 2000s I became heavily addicted to multiple substances - mostly amphetamines and opiates, and psychedelics certainly were not a priority. I've come along way and have been clean for awhile. A few years ago I dabbled in moderate to heavy doses of 4-aco-dmt and, although I enjoyed the experiences, there was nothing overly profound in them.

What I am getting at is that I recently acquired some ald-52. I am very excited about dosing, but I also want to maximize my chance of having a deep and meaningful experience. Or perhaps my time with the magical elements of psychedelics has passed?

I will definitely be tripping alone. I guess my question is, and please comment if my post struck any other chord with you, what are some things I can do prior to or even during the trip to maximize the experience. What are some things ithat you do that tend to bring about the the most fulfilling experience?

Thanks a lot and I appreciate you taking the time to consider my post.

As you become more mature, and jaded, you are less likely to be impressed, so if you are willing to work with this you may get somewhere good, but you also may find it is not your hoped for shining star.

Let me start again,
As you become more mature and experienced, you become aware that some things are circumstantial, and possibly up to chance.

Now the way I play the odds is, I look at my stash and consider:
maybe one in 10 trips might be really magic, and I have only so many tabs, so how shall I use them.

If I take a lot all at once, most likely I will feel sick for the duration, but if I take less I could have a fun time, so
I plan to have low expectations and take moderate doses as many times as possible allowing for tolerance to fade.

One in 10 will probably be extra special because it is a ratio that is likely for frequent flyers.

I hope that helps.

Great advice by pupnik! :)

I would recommend to do something you havent done in a while or never tried at all - go out, have a romantic relationship, go on a hike, jump with a parachute, try paragliding, rock climbing, anything! And do that for a week at least, then meditate and go deep inside to look what's down there. Then take your ALD-52 (or anything psychedelic really) and be humble and amazed at how beautiful this world and life is. It works with me all the time if I genuinely try to connect with reality.

Fun times! ;)

My experiences with 4-aco-dmt were like yours, untill I started doing big rectal doses, then I discovered the magic psilacetin has to offer. In fact,I find tryptamines much more profund than lysergamides.

Pupnik has the formula right. In my younger days and even up to a couple of years ago, I would tend to go for high dose trips believing that to be the key to wonderful experiences.

Recently, I've scaled back and find that a single tab of ETH-LAD (most recently) or indeed ALD52 is quite enough to provide a magical experience on occasion.

In fact, although the higher doses will certainly provide the visuals and other effects more strongly, they are no guarantee of a memorable ride, in much the same way as I can have a wonderful night with a couple of points of beer as opposed to getting shitfaced....

I much appreciate all the advice given. I think I will start with a low dose, perhaps 150 mcg, and see where that leads me. I also like the idea of doing something new before hand. Thanks