• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Alcohol + MDMA?

theyoyoman

Greenlighter
Just to be on the safe side of the spectrum how long should alcohol be avoided prior to and after the use of MDMA? I know some people will tell you that a couple drinks is fine even during a roll.. but I've also heard the opposite. What do you guys think?

I'm in the camp of a few drinks prior, during or after is fine. A few drinks + MDMA is a pretty nice mix and as long as you do not drink enough to get drunk (varies from person to person) then its fine.

If your dancing about then alcohol can speed up dehydration which can lead to an awful comedown, hangover etc.

alcohol mixes great with all stims and psychedelics for me. it eases the come-ups & downs, and adds a little spike of a different flavor onto the drug. love it ! = ) but, as anyone would advise, dose is the answer here. one should not exceed the limits. that is, the aim should not be "getting drunk", rather adding a little bit easiness to the experience. esp, if you overdo alcohol with mdma, the hangover grows HELL the next morning.

Alchohol....... hmmmmm if actually dancing and moving and groveing can be a disaster on MDMA, at least that is the rule I have always followed. Now this is not true on LSD, Alchohol for whatever reason is fun thing on LSD, beer in particular is fantastic thing on LSD.

I always was in the group that water was your best friend on MDMA, and if you were dancing and moving you needed a lil bit of water here and there. Pretty much anything else tasted like crap...... MDMA and food and flavored drinks in general do not mix well at all IMO. I learned this from my first rave and my first raver friends, and you know what I questioned it very briefly once at college and decided to try a shot of cold Vodka It tingled and wamed my chest but tasted rather odd, extra intense, almost felt like it tasted the way turpentine smells...... more like Sapphire Gin the Grey Goose Vodka..... that alone was enough to make me say.... no thanks to another. The fact that at one point in time MDMA was under consideration for a appetite supprescent kinda sets the tone that water is the best thing while Rolling

Now a stimulant like Cocaine..... well for me for whatever reason it was always bring on the Vodka straight up!!!

Yea I personally wouldnt have any alcohol couple hours (2-3) before a roll. 1 or 2 beers wont do much to ya but harm reduction is what I'm about lol. Mixing these 2 specific substances (upper and downer) isnt a safe mix and could potentially lead to much more pronounced side effects and I dont think its all that worth it tbh.

I always found alcohol to be the easiest way to ensure a shitty roll. Not worth it. Keep a few hours between drinking and rolling.

I've also heard that alcohol 1 maybe 2 days after a roll isn't good... cuz you serotonin levels are somewhat fucked... any truth to this?

^ Well if what I read here is right, alcohol abuse briefly heightens serotonin levels and when you continue the abuse they start to lower. This is only when abusing alcohol so I don't think it will have much bearing on an MDMA roll.

Like SixBuckets said though, alcohol can ruin a roll when you drink too much. A bit intoxicated is fine, it will provide a bit of a hazier roll but won't do much more, it can even be good for the nerves when you have comeup-anxiety, but don't get drunk, you will black out and the risk for a serious hangover is heightened

dont drink much at all only a beer or two, drink very lightly definitely not enough to get drunk, if you do drink, sometimes a drink can be nice but its better without it imo, like i said before dont drink very much like 1 beer every few hours dont overdue the alcohol.

Just don't take it when you are shit faced. A couple of drinks to wash down a pill is fine.

By the time you are chewing your face off the last thing most people want is an alcoholic drink. A sweet fruity mock tail with an umbrella will rock your munted tastebuds like nothing else so adding alcohol to it is pointless anyway.