Alcohol Forum? - Split from Heads Up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
please don't feel like I am trying to put down your constructive voice. I just feel that if it isn't broke do not fix it.

My concern regarding the lack of an alcohol forum is that it reinforces the mentality that alcohol is a drug that isn't as serious or potentially harmful as the others that do have specific forums.
Many don't even consider it a drug at all 8).

that is a problem L2R. however, disrespecting the side-effects of alcohol will not go unchecked for long in OD. any poster with half a sense would be quick to point out the banality in that arguement. we don't have a stimulant forum, so does that mean we do not respect the side-effects of stimulants? no. what I fear is that an alcohol forum would go to shit easily, with a bunch of random drunk posting. however, this could be generalizing. anybody have any insight on this? I guess one could say that they thought the Cannabis Discussion forum would just be a bunch of worthless stoner threads, but we all know that is far from the truth (or is it? ;))

^I feel the same. After a while, an alcohol forum would just be filled with a bunch of "what's your favortire beer or liquor?" topics. We have those in DC. I doubt I've seen more than a handful of alcohol topic that actually meant something. But who knows, I may be wrong, maybe an alcohol forum is just what we need, but somehow I doubt it

i would also imagine that an alocohol specific forum may generate the kind of membership that have not or are not into illegal substances and therefore feel less secure posting in a mixed illegal/legal drug forum.

^ That does make sense, however, I don't see it being a profitable venue. I do see alcoholics comfortable in posting in an alcohol only for4um, but I don't see that being effectual for the long tterm. We have DC and OD, another forum just seems redundant imo. I really do not see it being beneficial to make another forum, some people may say so, but I don't.

no worries.

just a couple of cents of mine which haven't changed in a while. they don't keep me up or anything so it's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.