• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol & codeine

Anon1990

Greenlighter
I know it's not a good idea to drink while taking codeine but would it be relatively safe to have 120mg a good few hours after 1 or maybe 2 vodka & cola(s)?
If not, how long would I have to wait?

You might want to wait a bit longer if your codeine tablets contain acetaminophen so your liver won't take a beating.

If your codeine does contain acetaminophen look up CWE, you'll thank me if you don't already know what it is but I'm sure you do.

It's codeine phosphate so no apap etc, my main concern was respitory depression, but I had 3 units & waited 5 hours, was all ok ? thanks

Alcohol and Opioids (even the weak codeine) in general is a dangerous combo. Please make sure the alcohol is out of your system everytime you take codeine. Otherwise you're at risk of strong nausea and overdose. Consider taking the opioid the following evening, next time...

I've mixed alcohol with opiates before (I do not recommend this unless you are very experienced and know how a certain dose will affect you) and I'd say one or two drinks does not turn a safe dose into an unsafe dose even accounting for potential liver damage due to APAP. However, this depends a lot on what 120 mg of codeine usually does to you. Some people's "usual dose" is what they take in order to get really knocked on their ass and is most definitely not safe even by itself, let alone with alcohol. Nobody here knows if 120 mg is "safe" for you or not because we don't know your tolerance, only you know this.