• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Alcohol & Clonazepam

evo4ever

Bluelighter
I know this subject has probably been discussed many times before but can you mix ANY amount of Alcohol with any certain dose of Clonazepam? Cheers!

I'm looking for ultimate disinhibition.

Hmmmm. Well yes you can, provided you have a tolerance to both drugs, and you also lower the doses of each drug, say you have 75% of your standard clonazepam dosage along with 1 standard drink or 2 max. (again this is only safe for someone who takes benzos daily or at least very regularly and has a tolerance)

However I certainly don't recommend it, as both drugs lower inhibitions and have the potential to cause memory loss, which often results in people forgetting how much/what they took, taking more and blacking out. Honestly, I would stick to alcohol alone if I were looking for disinhibition at a party, social event etc. benzos are NOT party drugs and if you try to use them that way you will have a bad time.

So it certainly will provide the ultimate disinhibition you seek: in the form of a complete blackout and whatever havoc you wreak walking around while you are for all intents and purposes, unconscious.

considering this mixture, there is a thin line separating the disinhibition from the retardament
Exactly. It's just not a good idea. I don't see how this kind of disinhibition could ever be desirable to anyone (if you think this kind of 'ultimate disinhibition' is gonna be fun you're in for a rude awakening the next morning).

A tolerant individual chilling at home with their standard dose of benzo and a couple of drinks max is a different matter though, but I wouldn't describe that as ultimate disinhibition.

Ultimate disinhibition via benzos/alcohol = complete blackout and potential social, legal and medical repurcussions from running around in said ultimately disinhibited state. Not a good time. At all.

Last edited:
there are other benzos which are a better fit to mixture with alcohol, I suggest oxazepam or cloxazolam (not so easy to get this one)

I don't have many memories, but I did many shits when high on cloxazolam + vodca + cocaine, so many of them, nevermore

You already know the answer. You shouldn't mix any benzo with alcohol. No one is going to tell you that it's ok to do so. Every body is different. It could kill you, it could not. It's extremely hard to overdose on benzos alone. Add alcohol and you're taking a risk. Do the research... almost every single benzo related death was due to mixing with other substances, namely alcohol.
I take clonazepam (low daily dose) and sometimes I do have a few drinks in the evening. I don't ask if it's safe, because I know the potential risk factor is there. I know my body and don't deliberately combine the two to obliterate myself. If I wanted that (which I don't) I'd just stick to drinking. I'd prefer the high from benzos but going through my entire prescription bottle for a drowsy night would leave me without them and I need them daily right now.