• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol + Ativan

aihfl

Bluelight Crew
I've never had issues like this in the past, but recently I took 2 mg Ativan (prescribed legally) and chased them with about a half a bottle of wine (about 375ml) and fell into one of the most comforting, blissful sleeps I've ever had. When I woke up in the middle of the night, to relieve myself, I had lost all sense of equilibrium. I fell twice on the way to the bathroom. Is this a consequence of mixing the two intoxicants? I have been a long term alcoholic and have never experienced the unexplained falls many long term alcoholics experience.

Yes it was the combo, usually 2mg of Lorazepam doesn't affect equilibrium, at higher doses it does though

Alcohol and sedative drugs (In your case, Ativan) can be a very risky thing if over done, they can potentiate each other.

I wouldn't say what you took was particularly dangerous at all. But the two chemicals would have definitely 'synergised' with each other.

I would mostly say the falls are you falling asleep quickly as a result of ingesting the two on top of drowsiness after waking

Definitely a bad combo. If you're drinking, it's best to avoid benzos altogether. If you must use them, start with a very small dose to get an idea of how they affect you when combined with alcohol. IMHO, you should be asking yourself why you felt a need to take benzos at all when already intoxicated.