• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol and Xanax

drewpy

Greenlighter
I plan on relaxing tonight by drinking a beer or two and taking ~1mg xanax. Is it best to drink first or take the xanax first? Does it matter?

I know the combination is a bit dangerous but like I said it'll only be one or two beers.

From my experience (and that of many others) it's best just not to combine xanax and alcohol at all. It can very easily lead to total memory loss and stupid decisions. Will 1mg of xanax and 1-2 beers make you black out? Probably not, but is that the only xanax you have and are those the only beers in your fridge? Because if not, then you could end up getting yourself deep into trouble before you even realize it.

never under estimate the power of xanax a mere .25mg increment can fuck you up
then adding in alcohol into the mix....
it honestly isnt worth mixing them simply because the outcome isnt always the same
and since we dont know your history let alone tolerance its to many unknowns

enjoy one or the other

Ok, thanks. Good advice. You're right i have a good supply of both and have blacked out before. I think I will just drink a few beers and save the xanax for another time.

get drunk hit up a fast food joint afterwards and drunk dial some chicks
save the xans for later

Look when it comes to bars and alcohol nobody can judge how you will react. Swim had around 5 drinks and 2 footballs and he was upright and not even biligerant (according to my mom and aunt as I have no memory past football #2) swim gave a cousin a segment of a white stick(.25-.5mg he can't remember) with his 4 loko back when that shit came out and had to put his cousins pants back on when he started running around the park we were at drinking. Gotta love the ghetto, we just got laughed at for being crazy white boys instead of going to jail. It's all about how you personally handle your shit. If you don't think you can then you can't, it's that simple.