• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol and mushrooms

Mcracken420

Bluelighter
Is it safe to do mushrooms while drunk? I have read that it is dangerous and that it's safe. Which one is true? And why would it be dangerous since psilocybin is one of the safest drugs to combine?

I've never heard of it being dangerous. But I am sad when I hear of people combining it, because I think the alcohol distorts the mushroom experience into something not as productive (I think it distorts ANY experience in that way...).
It's like you're killing brain cells and creating new ones at the same time... Kinda silly imo

I think alcohol are second-line trip killers next to benzos. Not sure about taking shrooms after alcohol, but I think taking alcohol after shrooms is a poor man's trip killer.

Alcohol is not a trip killer. It can take the edge off, but it can also produce the opposite in people. It makes the trip more volatile and emotional.

It's not dangerous per se, but you don't feel the alcohol much which can lead to people drinking too much.

I'm an alchy, so I typically drank a lot whenever I tripped. It definitely muddies the water, but in other aspects goes quite well with certain drugs like LSD.

I tend to get kinda sedated on shrooms, so I typically lay down for most of it and only drink when coming down.

I have never done alcohol with mushrooms. I always saved them for private spiritual centering trips. But when I was younger I had two ways of taking acid. One way was the same as mushrooms. Alone and for my own growth. No alcohol at all. At that period in my life toking on cannabis was enough to sleep after a trip. But I also would like to take acid at a party or festival. After the come up started hitting beers all night. Things can get mighty funny that way if you are in a group that is also tripping and drinking. These days I do not drink at all. Has been about 17 years since I had any. And I admit these days I need a light benzo to sleep after a trip. I also had a period when i was not addicted to opiates where I used an opiate to come down after the trip. These days at the end of a trip I use a short acting benzo and kratom, a little gabapentin too. lol (we like our drugs don't we?)

I do not consider alcohol a trip killer like a benzo. Even a benzo just tones it down a bit for me, not kill it. Alcohol not at all. (only took a benzo once to calm a trip, took valium 3 hours after a hit of strong acid at a Jazz Fest) A beer or two can take the edge off. But I still trip hard. Just more relaxed. But honestly never took alcohol with mushrooms. But I am willing to bet in a social atmosphere can be as comical as taking acid and drinking. It can get to pee in your pants type of laughing.

Funny enough when I was much younger going to Grateful Dead concerts I learned early on not to drink beer at all until after the show. Just water. It saved me from having to pee and miss anything. Then after the show have a few beers. I remember my brother and I tripping after a show and he said he better have a few beers so he can come down and drive home. lol Honestly though, an ice cold beer after a concert and after 5 hours of tripping was heaven back then.

it is a bad combo.why to profanize such eventually wonderful or dreadful experience with alcohol?NO.Alcohol and psychedelicks(mushrooms) are incompatible for me.U can do it ofcourse...but why?Just to cut off ur head?Stupid man......this is stupid.....even dumb.....U can drink one beer after the trip,if u want it so much

Have you considered harmalas instead?
The problem I have is I still use Kratom daily. I could never really get a straight answer that interaction. I am not still sure how much harmalas and kratom interact. If I could find good quality mulungu again I would use that. It wore off nice and quick and I still woke up with an afterglow. Honestly, with a Etizolam I still get an afterglow to have I taken just before sleep. But there aren’t that many short-lived benzos left. At least for now. And I for sure would like a natural alternative.

I do look for alternatives to benzos. But I hardly take them. I have a whole bunch of bromazolam that I hardly touch because it’s too strong. I generally do not like benzos unless I need some sleep quickly. That is usually a handful of times a year.

I just may have to start looking for a mulungu again. But that is so hit and miss it costs a lot of money to vet vendors.

You're worried about a kratom + harmalas interaction but you're mixing kratom and benzos?

hmmmmmmm that seems dangerous, too

OK, but back harmalas. I have had a few harmala and mushroom trips. The harmalas potentiated the trip and made it somewhat stronger and different. So I would think taking harmalas even after a trip could maybe bring it back a bit? The notion was to calm down a bit at the end of the trip. I honestly never considered harmalas after a trip for that purpose.

One of my most enjoyable mushroom experiences was when I mixed and eighth into a cup of whiskey, let it sit for like 15 minutes, and then downed it at once. It came on super fast and I was quite relaxed

It's like you're killing brain cells and creating new ones at the same time... Kinda silly imo
Kinda silly? Golden middle road, mate! ;)

I'm just saying that because I combine the two all the time and find it to be perfectly enjoyable and beneficial. Is it different than mushrooms alone? Of course. Do I find it detrimental in any way? No.

Then again, I'm quite the degen so.........biased, for sure. :)

I think I'm right in saying 2 American states have legalized mushrooms?
Yes, Oregon and Colorado. There are several major cities that have also done so but I’m not sure how well that’s working in a state that still prohibits them.

Alcohol lowers your spiritual vibration therw is no reason to take alcohol with or after mushrooms
Kratom as addon supplement is pretty popular in the shroom community

OK, but back harmalas. I have had a few harmala and mushroom trips. The harmalas potentiated the trip and made it somewhat stronger and different. So I would think taking harmalas even after a trip could maybe bring it back a bit? The notion was to calm down a bit at the end of the trip. I honestly never considered harmalas after a trip for that purpose.
Hamalas activate the DMT in the mushrooms. Its a much more meditative and less psychological trip if you combine with hamalas

It's totally safe. In fact.. I enjoy doing mushrooms while drunk. Same goes for LSD. I enjoy the combo.

Personally, I only get the balls to do more than a gram of mushrooms after I come home from having a few too many drinks. I grew the mushrooms a couple years ago with intentions to cure myself of everything that mushrooms can cure because I’ve got all that shit lol. Problem is I’m too scared to dose myself properly. I just take a little .5 here, a .7 there, unless I’m drinking that is. Then I’ll take a gram to start with, feel they’re not working quick enough for my drunk ass then take another gram to a gram and a half over the next hour or so. I wouldn’t say it’s a complete waste because I’ve had some pretty intense emotional sobbing trips that made me feel like the trip did Something good for me, but it’s definitely not the way I’d like to go about the whole thing. I’d like to have the balls to take a couple grams with intent to heal myself but I always manage to fuck it all up. Can someone help me? Just kidding…sort of.