• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol after DXM

evan_venom

Greenlighter
If i do 354 mg of DXM the day before, would it be ok to drink the next day. Or would that be too risky to do.

I'd say wait around 5 half lifes 'till you take another drug after DXM (half life is between 2-24 hours(depends if you're a fast or poor metabolizer)) so wait at least one day
Have you tried DXM before ?

If this is your first time doing DXM, make sure to get only DXM-containing products, such as Delsym or robitussun gels/similar brand, but based on your dosed it seems you have a syrup in mind.

please pick something else. the syrups are dangerous, and they have other ingredients in them. You don't want anything definitenly with acetaminophen OR chlorpheniramine in it.

The above two can and will kill you. you also want to avoid phenylephrine, guafienesin, doxylamine, and diphenhydramine.

If it is your first time. Just get a 3oz bottle of delsym and look up how to do a water extraction (all you need is a soda pop bottle and a few hours) and then you have some pure dextromethorphan polistirex powder.

And it just tastes like sand! :) No unadulterated nastiness either.

About the drinking the next day, to answer your question.

no it's not risky, per se, as in it is not going to kill you, but it is not certainly not good for your health, or for your liver, as Speed King said - as dextromethorphan needs to be heavily hepatically metabolized and processed before it can be utilized and become active.

^kleinerkiffer, wouldn't going off of DXO's half-life be better, since that's the active drug? And DXM is really just the prodrug

^kleinerkiffer, wouldn't going off of DXO's half-life be better, since that's the active drug? And DXM is really just the prodrug
Yes, you are right, would make way more sense, sorry has been a really long night

(imo DXM is active on its own but dxo makes most of the experience, if DXM isn't active people with the CYP2D6 mutation poor metabolizer shouldn't get high off of DXM, right?)

I think everybody metabolizes it to some degree... I mean I'm a CYP3A4 poor metabolizer and a CYP2D6 poor metabolizer - as well as an ultrarapid for one other - and I still get normal effects from drugs from the enzymes, though not as much as normal people obviously. Though I still get properly fucked up off dxm, though for a good dose, I would want around 1200 - 1600 and would want to mix with polistirex

I found my tolerance has more to do with receptor issues.

as in I am very almost entirely tolerant to Ligand gated ion channel agonists and GPCR antagonists, whilsts the vice versa is true: I respond extraordinarily well to Ionotropic receptor antagonists and GPCR agonists.

And it took me a good 5 - 6 years to ever feel effects from alcohol. And even now all I feel is NMDA antagonism and GIRK channel activation (similar to baclofen, phenibut, gabapentin). And that doesn't rely on metabolism to become active...

So with a lot of the people it might have absolutely nothing to do with their hepatic enzymes... you never know.

I don't know about this one. Last person I witnessed drank a liter of Smirnoff followed up with some Robo gels and spent the rest of the night with her head in the toilet.

Don't do it. You will still have an afterglow from the DXM trip and your body needs to recover after that.

I once drank one day after a 300mg DXM Trip and it was a bad idea. It only made me feel poisoned and I left early to sleep 14 hours until next noon.
It is not worth it.

Thank you for all the replies. I didnt end up doing DXM but i drank the day before and the next day. The most DXM i have done is 2 4oz bottles with 354 mg each.

Shit son!!! that is a lot of dxm. It will put your brain in a vulnerable state that makes alcohol more prone to fuckup your neurons. I would switch to ketamine and make it only a couple-few times a year.