• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Alcohol addiction

mister

Bluelighter
What are the best supplements to avoid alcohol dependency without becoming addicted to said supplements.

Im drinking way too much, 2 bottles of wine every night which is making me tired and I feel unproductive

there is no escape man afraid to break it to you, but people like me and you, wine has sucked out our brains. that is why your thread title is wrong, there is alcohol and then there is wine addiction. wine contains more compounds than any other food or drink on earth; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenolic_content_in_wine

edit: btw can you clear some of your private msgs, it says you have full inbox and people cannot send you anymore msgs which sucks. :S

Last edited:
Isn't the fact that you're tired and unproductive a sign you should, y'know, drink less? Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Alcohol is still the main psychoactive compound in wine and the one that produces dependency, otherwise you should be able to drink wine vinegar and get high (as it still contains all the flavonoids etc)

of course its the alcohol its main weapon but since it will be very difficult to drink wine vinegar to know much of difference, ill say its unresolved issue. especially since all wine vinegar can be cheap compared to wines costing up to 100/200 dollars being aged in top class oak (which itself adds even more bioactives, some of which are now being exploited for liver protection) but im planning to try non-alcoholic wine to see if any effect beyond alcohol, since non alcoholic beer actually makes me sedated and it has no alcohol so thats not it!

Although withdrawing from alcohol dependency is more of a self discipline, there are some nutritional supplements that may help to reduce your cravings for alcohol. You may have B-complex vitamin supplement plus extra Thiamin.

alcohol withdrawal is a serious thing and its not just discipline problem. when you get into those manic rages and hallucinating visions, shakes, sweats, lack of sleep and paranoia you know you finally understand heroin withdrawal is just childs play. i dare compare these two and claim alcohol withdrawal is much worse because i experienced both several times over, heroin withdrawal is a childs play in my final conclusion.

I think he's implying that you can titrate down/use BZDs at decreasing doses to get off alcohol in the medium-term quite effectively, not that DT is a walk in the park.

I think that educating people in the negative effects of alcohol overuse can help a lot too, if you can get people to avoid regular binge drinking and tolerate only small amounts of daily alcohol consumption, then maybe we'd have less alcoholism overall.