• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Albert Hoffman smuggling psilocybin pills

Well there is no single problem that is responsible. As with everything there is a myriad of issues.

I didn't insult Terrance McKenna. I stated simple fact. First off the practical consequences are: resisting arrest, battery of a police officer, assault of some type, and they definitely won't be nice to you after that. I doubt some LSD loving freak could really take on any cop. I'm 6'4" and practiced Hapkido which could be quite deadly if I was any good at it and I'm no match for pepper spray, tazers, and guns. That is what they'd use before you got the chance to do any real damage. Then there are the ethical implications. I don't see any correlation between violence and freedom. If someone is hurting me sure, but damn dude... just dayum. Oh you're 14. Not to be too dismissive, but yeah... get out your cop beating while you can. My lady is in prison with a girl who was 17 when she kicked a policeman in the balls outside of a party. She was drunk and then ran away from the treatment center she was sentenced to. So now she's in a prison with 3 time DUI offenders and Check Fraud of 150-300 dollars and a child killers and rapist lesbians. But don't worry there will be no rapist lesbians where they send you or maybe there will be with the amazing surgeries they can do these days. You've already been convicted and sentenced to double castration in this little scenario. There's a reason most gangs are made up of 15-21 year olds. People are inexperienced as well as stupid. But all the same... has anyone brought up Stanley Owsley? There's a nutter and no mistake. A good one, but crazy all the same. "The evil broccoli took my brain!"

Peace,
PL

I really liked you point there Rober&Me, I think it's important for people to respect others' freedoms and fight for them, even if we don't agree with them. Granted, this is much easier said than done, but I really respect the ACLU for doing that, because a lot of the time no one else will do that.

It also reminded me of the famous poem by Pastor Martin about his inactivity pre-WWII
In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up.

And I agree that violence is not a good idea. Think of how many movements in the US have succeeded by violent methods, and then how many have succeeded by peaceful, nonviolent protests. I think it is in favor of peaceful protests by far.

Ok, how is this about hoffman and psilocybin? Do failed threads always turn into a random flaming arguement? lol

^I didn't really perceive it as arguing...sometimes threads just take on a life of their own, no biggie. :)

There's a difference between defiance and violence tho. I think persecuted minorities sometimes need people to stand up and speak out. I don't mind people saying "Love your persecutors" but I think saying "Fuck your persecutors" is sometimes just as valuable.

^I didn't really perceive it as arguing...sometimes threads just take on a life of their own, no biggie. :)

Conversations generally flow :). I agree Rodgiepoo. This is a rambling thread with the only real clear topic of: topics related to LSD chemists/figures.

Peace,
PL

Yeah so basically old Albert wasn't just a yes man - it's always refreshing to hear that anyone isn't just a yes man!

Then again did anyone say he actually delivered the psilocybin as requested ?

As to the rest of the thread I suppose you treat your relationship with authority based upon your personal experiences. Encouraging others to actively resist/attack the police is a cop out - be the change you wish to see ;) - whose gonna be in the Sunday papers tomorrow then ?

That said I don't live in a state where people are persecuted for having an interest in psychedelics, maybe if i was I'd be more militant. That said i've been fucked over by the police on more than one occasion in the past & I maintained a militant attitude for quite a while till i realised it was less than useful.