View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AL-LAD vs. LSD

Ophidian

Bluelighter
Guys what do you think are the major differences between Al-LAD and LSD and have anyone tried mixing them ?

I did a 300UG Al-LAD trip 2-3 months ago and 350UG LSD trip 5 days ago

The differences i noticed:

The duration is about 4 hours longer with LSD
LSD visuals feels more detailed, like having super optics.
LSD was more colorful
AL-LAD felt more euphoric & spangly with an erotic touch to it. LSD felt a bit more dark and serious (mentally)
AL-LAD visuals atleast for me seems very cartoonish and not that detailed, but there is a alot of visuals just like LSD.

Thats the biggest differences i can think of right now. What do you think ?

There's been a lot of discussion of this nature in the B&D thread for AL-LAD, so this might need to be merged.
These are some of my impressions so far:

AL-LAD seems to have a slower onset, but this is debatable.
AL-LAD tends to be more jovial, giddy, joyous and confusing that LSD.
Maybe AL-LAD is a less powerful enhancer of music.
AL-LAD might be more sensual, and LSD more sexual.
AL-LAD produces more patterning for me than LSD does, but less colour saturation, and less of the hi-def IMAX 3D type of visual resolution that I get with LSD.
AL-LAD seems to be a bit neutral in terms of stimulation, while LSD can be very stimulating.

AL-LAD is a rainbow, while LSD is a lightning bolt.

My stereotype of the 3 currently common lysergemides is that LSD is more archetypically masculine, AL-LAD is more archetypically feminine, and maybe LSZ is like the neutral eunuch of the bunch.

lsz is pulling my cart tonite with a bit of 25inbome for a twist - some wine and lots of very hot and spicy sausage and salad.
have a great weekend!

lsz is pulling my cart tonite with a bit of 25inbome for a twist - some wine and lots of very hot and spicy sausage and salad.
have a great weekend!

You can actually think about eating spicy sausage on LSZ? I can barely stand the thought of any food, much less something fatty and spicy. You must have a very strong stomach.

There's been a lot of discussion of this nature in the B&D thread for AL-LAD, so this might need to be merged.

AL-LAD produces more patterning for me than LSD does, but less colour saturation, and less of the hi-def IMAX 3D type of visual resolution that I get with LSD.
AL-LAD seems to be a bit neutral in terms of stimulation, while LSD can be very stimulating.

My stereotype of the 3 currently common lysergemides is that LSD is more archetypically masculine, AL-LAD is more archetypically feminine, and maybe LSZ is like the neutral eunuch of the bunch.

I couldn't have put it any better myself. This pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Yeah, I really like your posts, man... Very helpful! I have not tried AL yet, but I`ve got some, just wanting for the right time, maybe tomorrow. I`ll probably take just a half blotter, though.
On LSD I never felt like eating, while LSZ doesn't affect my appetite at all! Actually It gave me the munchies, and that was a great thing, IMO. It is the first drug to give me this effect, besides cannabis.

LSD is superior for appreciation of music. That was really the most disappointing thing about al-lad - it's not as good for listening to music as LSD. A high dose of al-lad - like 300 mics - leaves you pretty confused whereas with a similar dose of LSD you're able to think clearly and contemplate what's happening. Al-lad at 300 mics the visuals are so overwhelming and confusing - it's like watching a television that isn't tuned in correctly - you just have waves of colour going across your field of vision.

But at lower doses like 150mics I think al-lad is a totally positive ray of lysergic sunshine. And you can get to sleep the same day as taking it which is a big positive. If you need an all-day psychedelic lollipop I think a sliver of a blotter of al-lad is perfect.

I am disappointed about the music tho - if only it had been better for appreciating music it would've been great.

I find it's pretty good for music. Not on the level of LSD, but nothing really is. For me though, it's at least on the same level as LSZ or mushrooms.

You can actually think about eating spicy sausage on LSZ? I can barely stand the thought of any food, much less something fatty and spicy. You must have a very strong stomach.
well it was so yummy, but a bit annoying later...

Lsz gave you the munchies? now i am really curiuos..and in what way is it femine? i've never gave a type of sexuality to be in some way related to a certain psychedelic, or any drug for that matter... :S i find that interesting but i really don't understand what you mean by that ...

Dunno, I think oral DMT, mushrooms and mescaline are as good if not better than LSD for music. Particularly oral DMT.

I would rate MDMA, 5-MEO-DMT (intranasal, vaped is too chaotic...), shrooms (or 4-ho-met or 4aco-dmt) 2C-E and ketamine, above LSD for music appreciation, maybe because i haven't done LSD in a while and when i did it i wasn't in anywhere near as good a place in my mind and life than i am now... would like to re-try a high dose LSD trip sometime, but not speciffically seeking it out.

Good to see the the advent of the new lysergamides ....

but , to date , good old Lucy is still the best of all .

A low dose of pro-lad wasn't bad but i only had two hits and they weren't very powerfull. I'll defineatly try out al-lad & lsz in the near future. But i've got other things to try aswell. Since it's been so long. Going for escaline, 3c-e, 3c-p and 5-apdb first.