• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Akuamma Seeds Drug Interaction?

Lysergaman

Bluelighter
I’ve been looking into Akuamma Seeds, Pricralima nitida, as an alternative to Kratom, and a potential treatment for chronic health issues. I regularly take quite a few medications so I try to be careful about interactions, but I haven’t found any data on Akuamma Seeds. Does anybody know about the effects Akuamma Seeds have on Cytochrome P450? I’d appreciate any info anybody has on the seeds

Last edited:
I have no idea, but thanks for posting, I hadn't heard of these seeds. According top wiki it's a mu opioid receptor antagonist, which seems like it would produce negative reactions, but maybe that's a typo?

Some of the compounds in it are mu agonists or partial agonists, espeicially akuammidine. Those seeds haven't been used enough in medicine for the drug interactions to be properly documented. If there's a correct balance between the mu and kappa effects, it could actually relieve pain without affecting mood to either direction. If someone who's physically dependent on opioids takes that drug, it could cause a precipitated withdrawal.