• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

akathisia driving me crazy

I wanted to comment and on this even though it's old, I apologize.

I started mirtazapine a few days ago. I've been taking gabapentin, kratom, and lexapro for over 6 months now with no real issues...

After starting mirtazapine I began eating more which is expected but my sleep is better...

Anyhow this morning I woke up at 7AM with terrible akathesia. My arms and legs felt super restless and achy... which I've experienced before from drugs like abilify, lurasidone and geodon in the past. I took extra gabapentin and i quickly felt better and fell asleep.

I'm honestly nervous to take it again in fear I'll get akathesia again.

I also dont plan to take any benzos as I've had addiction problems with them in the past. My doctor said she will be giving my clonidine this Tuesday to start my taper off of kratom. I'm honestly terrified of coming off kratom as even though I get withdrawals if I don't take it and it's expensive, it makes me feel "human"... at work it makes me very productive, high energy, it makes me sociable with customers etc. I feel like a normal person again. When I don't take kratom, I feel super irritable, lethargic, sweaty, anxious and depressed. However, this isn't just kratom making me withdrawal... that's why I began taking kratom to begin with. I'm an ex heroin and meth addict so I pretty much hate life sober... I'm miserable 24/7 and kratom made me feel back to normal. I'm taking the lexapro, mirtazapine and gabapentin to come off kratom. But I'm still scared life will be shit without it.