• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Air dusties

CallMePatrick

Bluelighter
yesterday i was hanging with my friends and we had nothing to do except smoke bud so one of them suggested air duster, ive never tried it so i was obviously anxious but once i hit it a few times i was "in the vibe". wanting to go in rotations hitting the can every couple seconds to minutes. We only went thru 1 can with the 3 of us, after maybe 1 or 2 hours. but still thats got to of done something negative. Is there any shortterm side affects, or long term even that i could develop from this one time? or does that only happen with doing it constantly, cans at a time?

sorry kinda a loaded question. TLDR: i just wanna know if my braincells are already fried or if sharing that can didnt do shit.

The only way stuff like this gets people "high" is through oxygen deprivation which is pretty much the definition of brain damage. Also the "high" is just going to be like standing up too fast followed by a headache.

The only inhalant that is relatively safe is pure nitrous oxide, medical grade, automotive stuff is still dangerous to use.

Nitrous with or without sulfur still competes with O2 so, oxygen deprivation.

Hey OP. I hate being the bearer of ill tidings, but you have indeed most likely caused damage to your body and mind. How much damage? Probably not much, but inhalants like "Air Duster" are pretty famous at this point for killing and or making users utterly retarded. It's sort of a heated topic among here in the Harm Reduction forums. Inhalants cause so much damage to their users and they're so available that I consider them to be a scourge.

Next time you having nothing to do, do something else please. We care deeply about your safety and I don't want your Mother to have to write an obituary describing her son blue, cold and stiff with a straw from a duster can hanging out of his mouth.

The fluorocarbons inside products like air duster are quite psychoactive when inhaled . The experience is often described as extremely intense, including extreme euphoria, dysphoria, hallucinations, thought loops, dissociative like effects, etc. The high produced by inhaling these products is not just from oxygen deprivation.

Unfortunately using these types of inhalants is extremely risky. Apparently sudden death is even possible. Long term damage has been documented and this damage can include organ damage, nerve damage, cognitive damage/changes, etc

This stuff is definitely bad news.

Very dangerous. Not worth the neurotoxicity stick to other drugs. Only done butane once and didn't feel much except aggression. Only done it to get a dunt had no other drugs except benzos

I'm so not proud to admit this, but I've done air duster before. I sort of hate myself for it, because I violated what I considered previously to be a serious rule simply because I was experiencing anxiety/depression and had no other psychoactive substances available. It's nothing to write home about. I think if you're 14 and have never say, injected Heroin intravenously, it can probably seem like a rather intense experience. Above and beyond all of the other reasons to not experiment with inhalants, it is extremely short-lasting and really not all that satisfying in my humble opinion.

Duster or the computer keyboard cleaner, furniture polish (I once saw a woman inhale this from a can), cooking spray, or electronic equipment cleaning aerosol are really bad for you, extremely dangerous, and people have died from it both the first time use and people who use it often.

I have never used any of them, but a lot of people I know have.

If you must use inhalants use food or medical grade nitrous-oxide in moderation. Do not binge on it or go crazy, breathe in air while you inhale the nitrous, and make sure it is medical grade or food grade, and not the type used in cars or auto-grade. Taking a B-12 or B-complex supplement after using it will also help.

You are better off just smoking pot in moderation, instead of inhaling duster, and you live in Oregon where it is legal.