R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Agreeableness as Alpha Males

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my head when i think alpha male, i think roid head with anger problems

That's how I usually associate it. I don't think of the hulking male as alpha unless they also have that 'archetype' of leader. I usually see alphas as being medium-large, humble but knows what to do kind of guy. A good strong balance. I guess the hero archetype in a way. Sometimes the reluctant leader. The one people naturally follow (well sometimes)- not the one that has to always fight to stay ahead. He's just there, in the alpha position. And if not, you won't see him following usually.

But I do also see that.. The image you associate. But I usually see them as wannabes or soldiers. Or grunts. Workhorses. Betas are the helpfuls. They are like Sayyid (sp), and Jin, and maybe Michael. Locke is a wildcard. He's could be an alpha, but I can't pin it. And its not so clear cut. And, I have no idea what I'm really talking about :) I'm not sure much can be tied up so nicely here. Sawyer is an Alpha of sorts, and that's part of the strife between him and Jack, but he has times as Alpha, like when they travel back in time if youve seen the show. He's just got some issues. So does Jack of course, but yea.

I don't know. Just taking a shot at it.

Last edited:
I would say someone who everyone looks up to and would want to follow. This would not being someone is overly egotistical and promotes their self (like Deion Sanders).

An alpha can be a female or male. Just a leader

I've had people call me an alpha. After I got sober and went through some therapy my anxiousness turned into a dominant, strong, and directing personality.

Physically I am fit, but I'm 6' and weigh 175lbs. I'm not huge. I don't call myself an alpha, but when someone else does I take it as a compliment, because for me it means I can direct people, help manage situations, and be a leader.

As far as using that with women I'm married to a strong A type, so it doesn't get me far with her, but it does put us on equal footing. Being equals is very good for us.

Anyways that's my 2c.

"That's how I usually associate it. I don't think of the hulking male as alpha unless they also have that 'archetype' of leader. I usually see alphas as being medium-large, humble but knows what to do kind of guy. A good strong balance. I guess the hero archetype in a way. Sometimes the reluctant leader. The one people naturally follow (well sometimes)- not the one that has to always fight to stay ahead. He's just there, in the alpha position. And if not, you won't see him following usually.

But I do also see that.. The image you associate. But I usually see them as wannabes or soldiers. Or grunts. Workhorses. Betas are the helpfuls. They are like Sayyid (sp), and Jin, and maybe Michael. Locke is a wildcard. He's could be an alpha, but I can't pin it. And its not so clear cut. And, I have no idea what I'm really talking about I'm not sure much can be tied up so nicely here. Sawyer is an Alpha of sorts, and that's part of the strife between him and Jack, but he has times as Alpha, like when they travel back in time if youve seen the show. He's just got some issues. So does Jack of course, but yea.

I don't know. Just taking a shot at it."

Totally man ^

I am a leader, reluctantly, my friends call it jedi abilities "These aren't the droids your looking for" (waves hand) ....

Sometimes the quieter man is the alpha. He may be the type of guy that when he speaks or takes action, everyone listens and notices. This man would have a particular kind of charisma, humbleness, and would never classify himself as an alpha. This man is a leader, not an asshole.

Then, you have the louder and more obnoxious guy trying to be an alpha. This guy may be a jock head, and he'll to try to get self recognition by self promotion. He mat act confident, brag about his status, show off his muscles, but this guy isn't respected. This guy appears to be confident, but he has some serious insecurity issues, and any intelligent person would see right through it.

I think a lot of people get the misconception of what an alpha is.

Status
Not open for further replies.