• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Age for marijuana jobs in California

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
So as you probably know, California has legalized cannabis. We are now one inch closer to not having a joke of a law system!

I am 17 years old. I turn 18 on January 15th. I love weed. I have an extensive knowledge of weed and am more than capable of studying via this nice little tool called the internet. I want to be a budtender mainly, but any other jobs in the MMJ business or even the RMJ industry would suffice. I love the people in this community/industry and I love marijuana. I'm very artistic so keep that in mind but don't focus on it.

My questions to you guys is what jobs am I actually eligible to be hired at in this business as an 18 year old?

Do I have to be 21 to be hired as a budtender?

I would prefer all answers be answered after law research. I wouldn't want to walk into a dispensary and embarrass myself because I'm too young and it's illegal.

There's no real rules but unless you're a cute young lady you're not gonna get hired as an 18-year-old budtender. But people are hiring their friends or cousins because it's still federally illegal so people get raided, robbed, etc.

As medical regulates there may be more positions but they may limit it to 21+. Hard to say yet.

Rats man... I was thinking of networking via conventions. Probably would just come down to luck. Appreciate the info nevertheless, cheers.

Perhaps maybe the better question or request for that matter is if someone could hook it up with a personal suggestion list that provides a weed-passionate 18 y/o male the best possible chance of being hired as a budtender in a MMJ or RMJ dispensary in California. Ty <3

Where you live is gonna be very important. If you live in Fresno, move. If you live in Oakland, you'll probably be able to get a legit cannabis job next year.