• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Afterglow weeks and weeks after use?

dajazza

Greenlighter
Long story short, I last did MDMA 6-7 weeks ago, and since then was in a depression phase and felt empty etc. However just then, I finished work, tired, sat down, pumped some music and all of a sudden a burst of euphoria just hit me like a train! I could not stop smiling, kept thinking positive thoughts, my eyes were locked on my iTunes for a good 20 seconds at some points, everything just lit up nicely in my view, decisions were made clearly etc etc. What caused this? Was my serotonin levels just back to square 1? Placebo? Or is afterglow just hitting me out of no where?

Was that your first roll? It sounds to me like you're just becoming more in tune with your brain chemistry. Music gets things flowing in the brain, you just probably weren't as "in tuned" with the effects of music until you had serotonin and dopamine blasts, and then came down, and then leveled out.

A similar thing happened to a friend of mine with his very first empathogen. He was in a depression, then tried mephedrone for the first time, and claims to this day it was that experience that allowed him to recover from depression - he claims it was just the thought of knowing that it was possible to be that happy that did it for him, but as we all know, an illness like depression doesn't usually respond to logic. My theory that makes sense to me but probably isn't true is either people who experience this just mentally take something from the experience - a sense of optimism, or positivity that wasn't present before, or as my friend said, just the knowledge that one can be that happy - and it changes their style of thinking and allows them to enjoy life again. Like a shortcut to the end result of cognitive behavioural therapy - similar to how on LSD one can gain a state that takes years of meditation to reach normally, as I heard it aptly described once - the natural way is like climbing the mountain, the drugs are like taking the cable car - or, perhaps the MDxx or mephedrone or whatever caused the natural upregulation and flood of serotonin, then downregulated it leading to the usual crash, but then perhaps when upregulating it back to "normal" it went past your depressive baseline and to a true normal baseline. This is all pure conjecture though - try and remember how it is to feel good naturally, don't slip back into old habits that may have contributed to your depression (i.e. shutting yourself away, poor nutrition and/.or exercise etc) and I hope your optimism stays! :)

^ what he said.
Now that you know you can get high on life, remember that when you're craving drugs if you're trying to abstain. Knowing yourself is a true gift.

Was that your first roll? It sounds to me like you're just becoming more in tune with your brain chemistry. Music gets things flowing in the brain, you just probably weren't as "in tuned" with the effects of music until you had serotonin and dopamine blasts, and then came down, and then leveled out.

Hey VitamaN, no I've had prior usage before hand. I've been taking MDMA for nearly 2 years now, however only this year have I realised I've abused it. Usually 1-2 weeks in between for rolls. Then I hit a massive depressive state. And yeah, just last night this burst of euphoria hit me like a train!

Are you just talking about a sudden burst of euphoria or a sustained buzz 6-7weeks afterwards? Sudden bursts of euphoria can be flashbacks induced by songs you heard when you were high. I remember once after a festival a song came on the TV that I'd peaked to at the festival. It just hit me like a train where I just rushed really hard and actually screamed in euphoria. Lucky nobody was in the house. MDMA flashbacks are a pretty classic thing, especially when you're new to the drug. A sustained afterglow 6-7 weeks after is highly unlikely but not impossible I guess. If people can have comedowns lasting months then perhaps afterglows could last as long too.