• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

after nearly twenty years of psychedelics I will be trying mdma (my dream)

al-laddin

Bluelighter
The following was a dream I had yesterday.

So Ive experienced all the classic psychedelics and my main reasons of using them is the aesthetic qualities. Im an artist and a very visual person first and an aural person second. Although music is nearly tied with visual art ...I just find myself to gravitate more towards aesthetic experiences.

I have never had much interest in mdma or related compounds but in the last year or so I have been having more if an inclination and curiousity in sampling some. My main reasons is the lack of visual phenomena and also the potential risks involved are not the same with classic psychedelics. I have also had people tell me that its basically a very euphoric acid - like body/mind high but with the visuals stripped.

So a friend came to me in this dream and showed me some pure rock mdma he had in his possession. He said if Im interested that I can have "2 points". I thinking of acquiring the 2 points on Friday and trying my first roll.

So here are my questions.

-Im considering trying it by myself because from what I understand 2 points isn't enough for two people to really have a fulfilling experience but it would be great for one person (dosing twice). Is there any benefits in exploring this substance alone? If you recommend I split the 2 points with a second party what type of relationship is recommended I have with this person, I.E., close trusted friends, aquantances, ex GF etc.

-what should I expect ? When would be the best time to dose? What activities should I prepare for myself. Is it beneficial at home alone at night? Or out in nature for a day walk?

- I hear the comedown is horrific, at this dose (2 points) should I expect to not feel like yself for several days? What are some way to nurse myself back to health?

-What conditions are contraindicated with mdma? Ive heard of a few cases of "sudden death" where the compound just doesn't agree with said persons? Is there any pre-existing conditions I should know about prior to taking the plunge. Are there any medications/supplemenets that would be wise to have on hand in case of emergency? What are symptoms of emergencies.

I thank you all that take a stab at answering any of my questions. I know its a ton and its quite personalized but I also feel that this thread ay end up being beneficial for others with concerns about mdma. In my dream it said that there was no rush and if I don't want to do it soon it will be available for me at another time.

1) Two points would be a good amount if it is a) actual MDMA (BUY A TEST KIT) and b) it's the others first time as well. I would have a third to split if one isn't enough. I wouldn't personally do it by myself because I feel like you'd be missing out on some aspects of the roll. A close friend or significant other would be good :)
2) You should expect an almost sedating euphoria that goes over your entire body, eye wiggles (nystagmus), empathy , personal barriers knocked down. I'd recommend night time because the lights are amazing. Id recommend a vic's inhaler . Breathe slowly and deeply (Walgreens has it) . Dosing take initial dose around 100-120mg. If redose is needed I would do 50mg 1-1.5 in. But if your product is actual MDMA, one will be enough.

3) you probably won't have a comedown since it's your first time . You'll probably have a nice afterglow goin on. 5-HTP is a good supplement for after.

4) Psychiatric conditions. If you are on an SSRI , do not roll! Period.

Hope that helps!

Im considering trying it by myself because from what I understand 2 points isn't enough for two people to really have a fulfilling experience but it would be great for one person (dosing twice). Is there any benefits in exploring this substance alone? If you recommend I split the 2 points with a second party what type of relationship is recommended I have with this person, I.E., close trusted friends, aquantances, ex GF etc.

For a first time you definitely want to be around others. It's a very social drug and, at least to me, not being around others rolling is a massive buzzkiller. Some people find it good solo, but I just don't see it myself. 100mg each (assuming 1 point = 100mg) is perfectly fine to get a good vibe going between two people.

what should I expect ? When would be the best time to dose? What activities should I prepare for myself. Is it beneficial at home alone at night? Or out in nature for a day walk?

My preferred setting is the typical club/rave setting. A lot of people like a nice home environment with your own tunes and friends. Just make sure you've got a lot of free time with no unwanted distractions and lots of good music to enjoy.

I hear the comedown is horrific, at this dose (2 points) should I expect to not feel like yself for several days? What are some way to nurse myself back to health?

Been doing this for nearly 3 years at doses ranging between 100-250mg (so 1-2.5 points) and I've never had anything even near a comedown. In fact, I usually feel really brilliant about life for a few days which is often termed the 'afterglow'. Providing you've got good clean MDMA, the comedown should be a smooth ride to a content feeling of well-being. Buy a test kit to make sure you're taking clean MDMA and not some other more dangerous substances.

What conditions are contraindicated with mdma? Ive heard of a few cases of "sudden death" where the compound just doesn't agree with said persons? Is there any pre-existing conditions I should know about prior to taking the plunge. Are there any medications/supplemenets that would be wise to have on hand in case of emergency? What are symptoms of emergencies.

Sudden death is extremely, extremely unlikely. You shouldn't take it if you're on anti-depressants or are prone to anxiety. Just like psychedelics, you can blunt the effects with benzos.

Welcome to BL.

Tnanks! This is a lot of great info and it has definitely got me more excited about trying it. I want to get THE MOST out of this experience as I understand that powerful substances like this have lasting (positive and negative depending on experience) effects for at least several months. Doing psychs IMO more than once a month is asking for trouble(for most people). I don't know if Ill ever do MDMA again so I want it to be meaningful.

My source is extrememly reliable and I am well versed on experieenting with strange and unusual compounds. Even though Im confident in my source I will still be testing it with a marquis agent

I am not a "rave" type person. Nothing wrong with that if that's your thing but Im more of an explorer and prefer small groups of people and find these compounds therapeutic in these settings as opposed to a loud electronic music event. However, I will be going to a few of these parties that I keep getting invited to and look forward to trying a few more social psychedelic compounds, namely phenethylamines i.e., 2cx compounds in the future

Last edited:
Use 1.25 mg/kg about and don't exceed 1.5 mg/kg or you are garunteed negative physical side effects in my experience.

tacodude, I IMed you awhile back, I believe. Did you get it??? Thanks for the advice!

I see nothing... Might've been when I was gl. Read the pihkal entry for MDMA. Do the redose method with 0.5 mg/kg... Forgot to mention that. Feel free to pm me anything I feel I am experienced enough to help.

Edit: Sudden death I think more occurs with prescription drug interaction or else dehydration even overhydration. Are you on any other medications? Any other drugs that could interact?

Also I'd recommend avoiding alcohol first time. Make sure you have someone you can trust to talk to. You don't want to be with someone you can't trust. While physical intimacy is amazing don't get lost in chasing sex. The best thing to do is just spend the night taking getting to know eachother, and just going on an active adventure and taking in life or even just chilling at home.

Really just so what you feel is best. The experience like any other thing you have had is what you make of it.

Last edited:
Thanks for this^^^ I have an intuitive feeling I know what its going to be like....very synthetic and forced feeling....slightly psychedelic vision.....like trip vision sharpness without the patterns and warping /melting of walls. Huge grin that wont go away, a sense of euphoria that almost feels manic/chemical....may cause a moment to anxst because of its sheer power....its going to be like a very powerful 200ug lsd trip body high ...this is what I gather from many people...and just y intuition telling me

no script drugs....just daily kratom right now. :)

I wouldnt compare it to an LSD body without visuals nor would I call it a synthetic or forced feeling (unless you get a speed roll). You just sort of fall into it and it embraces you. Youll feel stronger than usual connections to other people, enjoy music (I hate techno but love it on MDMA!), and a sort of indescribable contentedness. Youl know soon enough %) Just enjoy the ride and get some tunes ready :)

Thanks...someone once described it like this "you know when youre like ....just after the peak on a high dose acid trip? Well that feeling of infinite euphoria surging through you? That's what mdma is like ....except the whole time"..

I will know soon enough , thanks again. Ladies and gents

if your 200mg are acutally pure mdma (unlikely) it would be enough for two (normal sized, first timer) people. your first time lasts longer anyway.
but be sure to get it tested; depending on where you live there is a lot of fake mdma around.

the sudden death thing is either too little water together with constant dancing in a hot environment or excessive water. of course there also are rare deaths due to preexisting heart conditions, as with any stimulant.

i wouln't worry about the comedown. that one gets progressively worse the more often you take it and is actually pleasant for most people in the beginning (and stays pleasant for quite a few (maybe even the majority?) who don't abuse).

Thanks for this^^^ I have an intuitive feeling I know what its going to be like....very synthetic and forced feeling....slightly psychedelic vision.....like trip vision sharpness without the patterns and warping /melting of walls. Huge grin that wont go away, a sense of euphoria that almost feels manic/chemical....may cause a moment to anxst because of its sheer power....its going to be like a very powerful 200ug lsd trip body high ...this is what I gather from many people...and just y intuition telling me

no script drugs....just daily kratom right now. :)

there's no trip vison sharpness ime. if you took a good dose you will have nystagmus and everything becomes a (blissful) blur. since you're experienced with other psychoactives you probably also won't have the moment of angst when peaking, because the euphoria doesn't allow that (unless the setting would turn extremely negative).
the body high imho is completely different. while it has a slight psychedelic component, it isn't strange, fractal-y and cosmic but rather soft, round and floaty (there's no way to properly describe a body high...) ;)
mdma can also be very confusing (not in the scattered way of psychedelics), but unlike other drugs i actually find that pleasant and wouldn't want to miss it.

btw: if you take mdma at a rave, then you are a rave type person at that time ;)
whatever you do, at least try to listen for some bass heavy 4/4 edm at one point of time :)

Some contraindications, since everything else was explained so far:

*anxiety disorders
*SSRI or SNRI medications
*potentially bipolar disorder, moderate to severe depression, schizophrenia...these psychiatric disorders can have a wide range of negative effects when mixed with psychotropic drugs
*medications or other things that slow liver function such as grapefruit juice/grapefruits (this interacts with a ridiculously huge number of medications- never have grapefruit or gf juice on the day of taking MDMA!)
*serious immunosuppressant drugs like steroids

The sad fact is that in rare cases, dehydration and overhydration leading to severe electrolyte imbalance have resulted in sudden death for MDMA users. In extremely rare cases, there have been stories of people who genetically lack the liver enzyme responsible for breaking down MDMA and this has resulted in death. People with severe cardiovascular problems such as uncontrolled blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythms are also at risk. If you are generally healthy, your chances are good that you'll be just fine, but never think that any medication or psychotropic drug like MDMA comes without risk, of course!

What activities to enjoy?

You can search the forum a bit for this, or google, but your environment can be very varied! Some people love raves and clubs so they can connect with new people and feel the pounding of the music through their body and brain, I prefer a nice walk in a shaded area or a beach (with sunglasses since your pupils open up very wide and let too much light in at once- can be a little uncomfortable for sure) or setting up for a "home roll" in the evening with lots of nice lights, nice music, tactile and nice-smelling things and, if you're alone, some awesome movies you love, an instrument if you play one (I can play a bit when I'm high and so can my friend, though it can be difficult sometimes!), and coloring or painting things. Taking a shower is good. Petting zoos are fun. Extreme heat or cold, like from outside, are awful. Some people like to play video or computer games.

Since it's an extremely social drug, however, I reeally recommend bringing along a friend, even if they're sober or on a different substance! Just trust me on this one. I've rolled alone after many rolls and so have my friends, and all of us have found it too hard and ended up calling other people to chat or to come over. This is us, though, you might be pleasantly surprised and enjoy rolling alone :) Good luck, have an amazing time and let us know how it goes!!!

*medications or other things that slow liver function such as grapefruit juice/grapefruits (this interacts with a ridiculously huge number of medications- never have grapefruit or gf juice on the day of taking MDMA!)

bullshit.
grapefruit juice inhibits CYP3A4, which is a very minor pathway for mdma (less than 10% gets metabolised to mda). also mdma does a very good job at inhibiting its own metabolism (mainly CYP2D6). so rather you shouldn't take mdma with medications that are substrates for CYP2D6 (and don't have a huge therapeutic margin).

Definetly buy a test kit and test your product. It doesn't matter how good a friend or reliable your source is, apparently 91% of molly seized by dea in 2014 was methylone or something else, with only 9% actually being mdma. They also had statistics from like 5 years ago, where 90% of molly seized was mdma and only 10% something else. RC's have destroyed the market, and most dealers think they are selling mdma without even realizing they are selling methylone or something else because they have little drug knowledge and don't even know what reagent tests are.

Source: http://www.mixmag.net/words/features/drug-molly-everything-but-the-girl

My numbers were a bit off, apparently in 2011, out of 207 molly seizures, 190 tested as mdma, with only 17 being something else. In just 12 months as methylone and mephedrone blew up, the following year out of 337 molly seizures, 278 were actually tested to be methylone with only 59 tested as mdma. These are dea statistics. And those are old numbers, RC's are more known then ever now and most dealers have realized they can buy a kilo of methylone for 3 grand compared to 25+ grand for a kilo of actual molly.

With so many RC's having somewhat similar effects to mdma, actual mdma has become nearly obsolete at the street level unless you know some mid level dealer with real trafficker connects which is very unlikely. In fact, I'd bet most low level dealers are just ordering methylone or 5-apb/other apb RC's online and supplying themselves so they make massive profit. So few people test their product so their is now a generation of teens that have never even done real mdma at all, and believe the RC's they are buying as molly actually contain mdma as they don't know any better.

Real mdma is becoming a myth lol. The drug dealing trade is far to greedy.

Last edited:
bullshit.
grapefruit juice inhibits CYP3A4, which is a very minor pathway for mdma (less than 10% gets metabolised to mda). also mdma does a very good job at inhibiting its own metabolism (mainly CYP2D6). so rather you shouldn't take mdma with medications that are substrates for CYP2D6 (and don't have a huge therapeutic margin).

Thank you for the correction. I have read mixed evidence, with some sources stating that 2D6 accounts for 90% of metabolism and some saying only 30%. You are right, though- if the OP is taking typical doses of MDMA it should be fine. Generally I just try to stay away from grapefruit if I'm taking any medications or drugs!

Nothing wrong with doing mdma on your own but for you're first time I recommend being with at least a friend or two because if you did it on your own your gunna feel really social and it'd be a waste not to experience the empathy for your first time. I also recommend ur friend get their own mdma so you can both have nice strong rolls. It's not like it's your responsibility to provide free drugs to your friends right?

Also it's a lot of fun to roll with people you don't know well because it will really bring you two together like you couldn't imagine. I've made many friends at raves like that.

Thank you for the correction. I have read mixed evidence, with some sources stating that 2D6 accounts for 90% of metabolism and some saying only 30%. You are right, though- if the OP is taking typical doses of MDMA it should be fine. Generally I just try to stay away from grapefruit if I'm taking any medications or drugs!

welcome. it's easy to mix them up, since some animals used for research (rats iirc) lack CYP2D6 and therefore use other enzymes. as far as i know all of the usual animal models show a lot more CYP3A4 involvement (and therefore more MDA) than we see in humans. the misconception that CYP3A4 is the main enzyme here has spread pretty rapidly since there has been a reddit about it...