• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

After many years, paranoia while tripping?

indigoaura

Bluelighter
So, I wanted to reach out to all of you and see if you have any insights.

I tripped for the first time back in 2000 or maybe 2001. Since then, I have had many experiences with mushrooms, LSD, and 2CB. I never dealt with paranoia or negativity while tripping. I could be out in public with no issues, could trip alone with no issues etc.

For the first time, about 1.5 years ago, I took some acid and had extreme paranoia. My mind built a far-fetched scenario where my phone and computer had been hacked, and the authorities were coming for me and had left a threatening message on my phone. I believed all of it. I had never had an experience like that before.

Since then, it seems like every time I trip I get paranoid. I feel like people are breaking into my house, or my dog is about to die. It is no longer fun. There is no longer that laughing, silly, childlike vibe.

From a psychological standpoint, I can analyze myself and theorize that this is happening because a close family member has a terminal illness, and my feelings come out subconsciously. That doesn't quite ring true to me though.

Do any of you have any ideas about why this would suddenly occur for me? Any nutritional or vitamin deficiencies that you are aware of that may contribute to this? The paranoia impacts me on LSD and mushrooms, but the 2CB experience is still free from paranoia.

The paranoid activity when tripping may be contributed by changes in your adrenergic activity IMO. This can be recent stress, an illness, stimulants abuse, certain supplements and variety of prescription meds.

If you are conscious about addiction thing (as many find Phenibut addictive), I would recommend preloading with some Phenibut about two hours or so before tripping. Also preloading with Agmatine, Aniracetam, Magnesium and Taurine might make for more relaxed tripping.

Speaking of Taurine, I highly recommend it's supplementation to vegetarians and vegans (as it's normally found in meat tissues only)! I have started experimenting with it recently and I definitely observe an anxiolytic response it causes.

Also I recommend Vitamin D daily supplementation as research shows that even with adequate sun exposure, many people lacking it badly and Vit D is involved heavily in hormonal system functioning.

L-Theanine is another useful and dirt cheap supplement you may want to try daily for your anxiety.

I have recently started experimenting with Magnolia Bark extract as well - very sedating, took it once with 1P-LSD (inadvertently) and had really nice time.

Besides physical things, you may also want to try meditation right before taking the tryptaminergic psychedelic and setting up for a ritual - candles, sage burning, mantras, etc. I always like to meditate on entrance with heavier dosages of spiritual tryptamines - it almost feels like I have to do it or it will be disrespectful to the Great Spirit. :)

Since then, it seems like every time I trip I get paranoid. I feel like people are breaking into my house, or my dog is about to die. It is no longer fun. There is no longer that laughing, silly, childlike vibe.

Adult behavior is very superficially sacrificial. By that I mean you have to do stuff you rather not do, such as face terminal illnesses in your people, etc. etc.

Psychedelic is like a mirror, a 4-d mirror coming up out of every surface reflecting your presence.

to get to the layers below the reflective surface that carries all your "must-do's" you have to relax and sink into bare awareness, the moment, no lists of to do's, go sensory without perception or understanding, dive, dive, dive...

the child will come out and play, and life will be grand again.

I posted a thread here as I have been struggling to a lesser extent with paranoia regarding my responsibilities as a full-grown adult. I get a feeling that I should be using my time more productively or working towards success, even if I have been and realize that when I become sober. It's a pretty irrational feeling to have when I've already "cleared my plate" and designated this responsible free time to the activity.

It's not an overwhelming feeling like your experience, but it is there sometimes. I notice this tends to be most pronounced when I trip around things that are connected to and remind me of "real life" and can end up in the land of "what ifs" very quickly, which can lead to unreasonable and paranoid delusions (thinking I'm going to fail university even if I have straight A's). As in, I tend to feel this if I trip in my apartment; everything around me reminds me of other unrelated crap going on in my life (I see a notebook and it reminds me of my schoolwork, I see my living place isn't perfectly clean and tidy and I should be cleaning, I see a receipt somewhere and start worrying about money, etc.)

I think the solution is to remove yourself from these sorts of settings, its a "trip", so take a trip. I find these sorts of anxieties and paranoias are much diminished if I go out camping, travel to another city, music festival, a hike or some other nature excursion. Hanging out in or around your living space can sort of make you dwell on stuff and makes it hard to sort of temporarily "leave behind your baggage" for a moment.

In other words for me; Indoors (feeling of being trapped, defensive of the space, claustrophobic, ruminating etc.) + interaction with personal technology (phones/computers) = uncomfortable or even bad trip.

It's much easier to get goofy and childlike if you're barefoot in a forest than it is to get that way in a space where you're used to being the opposite.

Last edited: