View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

After effects of LSD?

UnanimousCash

Bluelighter
Planning on doing acid and just want to know what to expect the day(s) after. If it makes a difference in only taking one hit.

There should be a positive afterglow when you land back to sobriety/reality, in a way that's similar to shrooms.

There should be a positive afterglow when you land back to sobriety/reality, in a way that's similar to shrooms.
Sorry I've never done shrooms, positive how? I've read that it is a good feeling, not depressed like MDMA and other stimulants. Although I've also read that it could make you a little spacey due to lack of sleep and maybe food. Opinions?

Sorry I've never done shrooms, positive how? I've read that it is a good feeling, not depressed like MDMA and other stimulants. Although I've also read that it could make you a little spacey due to lack of sleep and maybe food. Opinions?

I wouldn't say it's the opposite of mdma, but there isn't really a crash/comedown like mdma can be to a lot of people. Coming back to reality should be welcoming/comfortable/relieving in general.

Maybe refreshing is a better word? Yup, like you and Dr. Greenthumb said, it can be a little spacey but the above is what should occur as well.

I wouldn't say it's the opposite of mdma, but there isn't really a crash/comedown like mdma can be to a lot of people. Coming back to reality should be welcoming/comfortable/relieving in general.

Maybe refreshing is a better word? Yup, like you and Dr. Greenthumb said, it can be a little spacey but the above is what should occur as well.
Ok thanks a lot :)

Sometimes you even have a lasting happyness for 1-3 days, especially if you had complicated trip, i for instance use that for helping to trip well on higher doses (first i take a medium amount of lsd/shrooms, trip hard, and then after 2 days take a very strong dose with afterglow still going on (of course you would have to double the dose + put on top what you want to add.. so you end up ingesting a lot of trips if u do it that way, but it helps, since after coming down from LSD, chances are good that a second trip within a day or two will be good).

Sometimes you even have a lasting happyness for 1-3 days, especially if you had complicated trip, i for instance use that for helping to trip well on higher doses (first i take a medium amount of lsd/shrooms, trip hard, and then after 2 days take a very strong dose with afterglow still going on (of course you would have to double the dose + put on top what you want to add.. so you end up ingesting a lot of trips if u do it that way, but it helps, since after coming down from LSD, chances are good that a second trip within a day or two will be good).

Neat tip, I'll probably try that once I've experienced it a little more. I'm really happy with the answers I've gotten and it has more than answered my question. I wasn't sure if it would be an uncomfortable experience that you would have to worry about. Though it seems the exact opposite and almost something to look forward to.

I wouldn't think so much into it honestly. You take drug to expand the mind and seek positive insight that which you can utilize and apply to your sober life. It's not about getting messed up. The after effects are nothing but a small change in what your perception once was. Whether that is good or bad will all depend on the experience itself and what you gain from it. After affects are common and should be expected. You don't ever really come down from a drug like LSD, it is more like you adapt to ths new reality in which you have been introduced to. It becomes a part of you. Don't take LSD if you are not prepared for this.

I wouldn't think so much into it honestly. You take drug to expand the mind and seek positive insight that which you can utilize and apply to your sober life. It's not about getting messed up. The after effects are nothing but a small change in what your perception once was. Whether that is good or bad will all depend on the experience itself and what you gain from it. After affects are common and should be expected. You don't ever really come down from a drug like LSD, it is more like you adapt to ths new reality in which you have been introduced to. It becomes a part of you. Don't take LSD if you are not prepared for this.

Yeah when I started this thread I truly just had a small idea of what it was going to be like, but I've realized it's nothing to be nervous of, thanks a lot.

Sorry man just sharing my piece. Didn't mean to scare you away. If I did then you probably weren't ready anyway.

Last edited:
Sorry man just sharing my piece. Didn't mean to scare you away. If I did then you probably weren't ready anyway.

Oh no that's not what I meant, I must've screwed up typing. I meant that it has gotten me over my nervousness, even though I never was too nervous. :/

lol, man, welcome to the psychedelic world where everyone is nuts...except they're not. :)

At least on BL.

These experiences do require a certain degree of bravery, fuck it approach and a willingness to not know what's going to happen and just accept. But safety should always go with this hand in hand.

Other than that, you'll be good to go and you'll see why coming back to reality will bring a smile to your face. :)

lol, man, welcome to the psychedelic world where everyone is nuts...except they're not. :)

At least on BL.

These experiences do require a certain degree of bravery, fuck it approach and a willingness to not know what's going to happen and just accept. But safety should always go with this hand in hand.

Other than that, you'll be good to go and you'll see why coming back to reality will bring a smile to your face. :)

Haha thanks dude, now I just gotta wait ?