• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Affects of Cocaine on the heart?

Tj.

Greenlighter
Hello and glad to be writing my first post after many years of occasional lurking. I am a mid 20's male in decent shape and no history of major drug abuse or drug issues. I do however, have a prosthetic pulmonary heart valve with sends me into the hospital every 6-10 years to be replaced by open heart surgery. My doctor has given me zero athletic limitations and has always said my heart is just as healthy as any other.

I have enjoyed small doses of cocaine infrequently from a single supplier and I am comfortable with how it affects my body. But, I am moving out of town and I am worried about trying someone else's product as I have always been a little paranoid about heart failure.

So I come to you all to help me find the real facts on Cocaine and its relation to the heart. I am looking for scientific studies that can tell me whether or not I should pursue the occasional line of coke, or just dump it all together if the risk is really higher for me. The facts I have found online thus far are often contradictory or do not explain why it is so bad for the heart other than it increases your heart rate for a short time..

Last edited:
Here's a good article.

Not only does cocaine speed up your heart, it can cause electrical disturbances and makes heart attacks more likely by raising blood pressure. It also makes your blood more likely to clot.

Cocaine use, even infrequent, actually does a bunch of other stuff that's not very good for you, so cocaine should be used rarely or never if you want to stay healthy.

Don't make it a habit. The dewormers (levamisole) and other shit that are sometimes used to cut cocaine don't help the situation either!

Here's a good article.

Not only does cocaine speed up your heart, it can cause electrical disturbances and makes heart attacks more likely by raising blood pressure. It also makes your blood more likely to clot.

Cocaine use, even infrequent, actually does a bunch of other stuff that's not very good for you, so cocaine should be used rarely or never if you want to stay healthy.

Don't make it a habit. The dewormers (levamisole) and other shit that are sometimes used to cut cocaine don't help the situation either!

That's exactly what I've been looking for, Thank you!