• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Advice on what to do after a "miss" whilst injecting.

BenzoEnthusiast

Bluelighter
Hey, so i have missed shots god knows how many times, the most recent about 5 minutes ago. Previously i have never done anything to try and aid in the healing process. However i have seen on BlueLight forum or Discord, i do not recall but that one good thing is to massage it in warm water. How long for though? And should i use soap?
Also how about ibuprofen as it is an anti inflammatory drug? Anyway im after any advice on the subject and it might help other people hopefully.
Thanks for reading.

-RudelyAwakened

Last edited:
Hey, so i have missed shots god knows how many times, the most recent about 5 minutes ago. Previously i have never done anything to try and aid in the healing process. However i have seen on BlueLight forum or Discord, i do not recall but that one good thing is to massage it in warm water. How long for though? And should i use soap?
Also how about ibuprofen as it is an anti inflammatory drug? Anyway im after any advice on the subject and it might help other people hopefully.
Thanks for reading.

-RudelyAwakened

Warm water + salt. Or iodine. My friend has been a pharmacist for 30 years and uses iodine. I'm just a witch who thinks salt and warmth cure everything ;) Maybe hydrate? That cures everything too but especially when it comes to veins?

First off, the soap shouldn't really be necessary after the fact. Pretty much everything important is going to be taking place underneath the top layers of the skin, but keeping the area clean certainly can't hurt.

I like to use a warm/hot damp rag on the site until the rag loses heat and then I might use some ice afterward, but in general, I will use the warm compress much more than the ice. Some people have benefit using OTC analgesics like Paracetamol (Tylenol) depending upon how bad the pain is. I've never tried this myself, but I've always considered experimenting with analgesic creams/patches, specifically stuff containing lidocaine. I would imagine that this might be beneficial for managing the pain.

In general, I think the warm compress is best. If it doesn't start to get better after a few days, you will likely have to go get it taken care of at an urgent-care-type situation.

I always massaged the lump and around it for 10 minutes or so and then ran under warm water and massaged again. A few times of this abs then cold compress. Works to minimize the discomfort and swelling.