• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Advice on pill re-dosing

gusmeer

Greenlighter
Hey guys,I'd appreciate some insight. Long story short in a week or two I'm gonna be going clubbing with friends. I currently have one pill,and also the shavings of another pill. I'd estimate the shavings probably make up somewhere in-between 1/4 to 1/3 of a pill. As an estimate I'd say I'll be in the club around 5-7 hours. I am considering buying another pill so that I would have two,and would plan to do one at roughly midnight(just before I enter) and another around 4am(meaning I would leave the remains of the other pill).

I have previously done about a pill and a half at a club before,and id say I was 'peaked' for about 4-5 hours,with a gradual comedown which still felt nice.

Anyways,Im just interested in some alternate opinions on the matter%)

Ty =D

Last edited by a moderator:
All depends what's in your pills. If we're talking straight MDMA, depending on how many mgs the pill contains, it may be better taking the pill and the extra 1/4 at once. With MDMA it's usually a one go affair. The first dose is what will make your roll. Anything after that, i've personally found, although it may prolong your roll, doesn't seem to enhance or prolong any great sense of euphoria. You seem to peak, then you feel yourself coming down, so you re-dose and although you may feel another rush of energy, you don't get the same sense of belonging/euphoria. The, "everything is fucking amazing, I love you, kinda feels". Plus it makes the come down a lot worse and longer.

If your pill is cut with other substances you know of, which can sometimes be the case here in the UK. Then it depends.

In the past I've had pills cut with MDMA/speed(amphet here in the UK). Which made the roll more well... speedy. I've had pills which have been cut with MDMA/ket, so you'd feel more bogged down and trippy. Which is fine when the MD starts to wear off to redose because both amphet/ket you get the same boost each go.

Though I'm guessing we're talking straight MDMA.

So in honesty, if you know the amount in your pills and you feel that 1 and 1/4 wouldn't be too strong of a roll for you, personally, I'd go all in. That way, you get the most out of what you've got. Were as, taking just the 1, having an alright roll, then taking the 1/4 and being somewhat energised, but left feeling wanting something a little more. Then having a greater come down etc.... 1/4 of a pill may not even do much at all....

But yeah, it's all ifs and buts without knowing the actually dosage of the pills.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply mate.

Im in the UK as well so im well aware of the shit that gets put into pills,and yeah it can be dodgy :/ Its interesting what you say about redosing not really enhancing the high though. I think a pill and a bit at once as you suggest is the way to go though. When I previously took a pill and a half before entering the club the come up was very intense,but once i let it kick in i was high as a kite(in a good way aha)

My only concern is that it would begin to wear off after around 4 hours,but in fairness this happened previously and I still had a nice 'feel-good' high if thats the way to describe it.

What I usually do is take half my initial dose 1,5 hours after dropping. This works great for prolonging the peak quite a bit. Redoses after that do not seem to do much and I do not recommend them.

Well when dealing with straight MDMA nothing else, 1-2mg/kg is about what you should aim for, on the lower end of that if you're new to MDMA. So in my case, weighing 75kg and quite experienced with MDMA I would go for 1.5-2mg/kg which would amount to 112-150mg. In case I was new to MDMA I would go for 1-1.5mg/kg which would amount to 75-112mg. Also take care to not redose when the effects have already worn off, this won't add much to the experience. I usually redose with half the initial dose, so 60-75mg, around 1.5h after first effects but this is very individual and can vary a lot. Check pillreports and ecstasydata to see if there's any info on your pill, this could give you an idea of how much is in that pill

But when you're dealing with untested pills that's a whole other ballgame. See there are certain chemicals out there sold as MDMA that are very dangerous. An example is PMA/PMMA, two of the worst ones. And redosing becomes a problem with these two chemicals. PMA/PMMA only starts working after about 2-3 hours. This often causes people to take one pill and after an hour take another one because they think their pill is weak since they don't feel anything. This leads to a potentially fatal OD 2-3 hours later. Same thing for other adulterants, redosing can lead to a bad experience or even causing harm to yourself. So you really need to test your pills. Should you decide to take them without testing them, don't take more if one dose doesn't produce any or hardly any effects or if one dose produces unexpected effects. In case they are extremely weak pills it's pointless to take more since that won't be enough to get you where you want to be and in case of adulterated pills you could end up avoiding a bad experience. But again, testing is really necessary. With untested pills a lot of rules of thumb fly out the window.

Last edited:
Update: It sounds like we're gonna be in the club for about 7 hours I'd say,so now I'm thinking 2 pills would be the way to go