Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice on LSD

Coolguy19

Greenlighter
Hello bluelighters,

In 2 weeks there is going to be a really nice camping/festival, its gonna be one of those hippie like gatherings (no people getting hammered on alcohol and doing stupid things). Its gonna be small around 1000 people max and its gonna go from friday afternoon till sunday afternoon. As far as I know a lot of these people will be taking shrooms and LSD along with the usual MDMA.

Lets get to the story, I have been really looking forward to trying LSD for a long time now (im 19) and this seems to be a potentially nice first time. Im going with around 6 friends which im comfortable with and I have quite a lot of experience with substances like MDMA, coke and amphetamines. I have never had a bad trip or something like that, I think its due to the fact that when things get a bit rough I know its the drug, i take a deep breath and enjoy it. I have never tried psychedelics but once I took 1g of molly, 0.5g of coke, 1 pill and some amphetamine lines and things were out of this world lol.

Do you guys think it will be a nice place to try LSD? Will i be able to take some molly? (Not during the trip of course I mean before or after.) And if you guys think I can is it better to take the molly before or after? How much is the ideal quantity, im looking for one of those life changing experiences and realizations.

Any other advice will be nice.

Thank u guys!!

Moderators im gonna take LSD i just want some harm reduction advice :p

First off, hippies consume tons of alcohol, so I wouldn't discount there being drunk people there or debauchery going on, it's part of what we do. A gram of 'molly' is an overdose unless it was cut-up pretty bad, so don't go taking that much again because that is a huge risk. Coke and MDMA compete so usually you will feel one and not the other. The cocaine overpowers the molly IME. Adding amps on top of that sounds like a whole lot of stimulation. LSD is quite different than all of those drugs you describe. Things go bad for people on LSD to a much greater extent than mdma or stims but that's not to say you won't have a great time.

You probably shouldn't consume MDMA and LSD until you get more experience with LSD by itself. Your first time, I wouldn't even combine weed with it until you get a feel for what's going on. The day after you take LSD, I would be really surprised if molly even worked. You have a young brain, so I guess I wouldn't count it out but you should focus on taking care of it too. I wouldn't do MDMA even the day before because it might make you kind of hungover on the big day.

I would honestly shoot for a less than life-changing experience your first time just to get a feel for things. Depending on the strength of the tabs, I would either take one or two. Take one and if you aren't where you want to be after an hour or so, take another. Always best to start slow with psychs because people have some weird reactions sometimes. It sounds like a great place to try it out and an appropriate setting to me. Make sure your mind is good and you should have a blast.

Always test your shit to at least make sure its an indole! Happy tripping and welcome to BL! :)

Definitely don't take MDMA. it's way too intense for a first trip. 100ug of LSD and 100mg of MDMA was too intense for me, and I take 300ug of LSD as my usual dose.
Anyway, LSD is different than other drugs. It's fun, but you have to earn your fun. Don't go in with the expectation that it will be a picnic. It can get weird and a bit uncomfortable at times. but it's totally worth it.

Only take 1 tab, don't combine with MDMA or any other drugs, even weed until you've come down. Don't take other drugs the day before or after (apart from weed or a little drink maybe) either. Oh and never take 1g of 'MDMA' again, real MDMA would be putting your health at serious risk at that dose.

I'd candy flip my dick off if I were 19 again and had a good feeling
It could potentially be the most incredible night of your life

Nothing wrong with combining LSD+MDMA. It's called candyflipping and it's a lot of fun. I don't think it's any more dangerous/unhealthy than taking MDMA on its own.

you might want to have some xanax or another benzo with you in case things go sideways.

Oh yeah, things can go sideways and if you are tripping with your friends one of them may need to be administered a sedative.

I guess what I'm trying to say is have someone that is not tripping, that is part of your group in charge of the sedatives...and always make sure they are wit hyou.

Nobody is saying candyflipping can't be fun, just that considering this guy is young and has never tripped before, that it'd be bad harm reduction advice to encourage him to combine the two. We have no idea how he might react to LSD, given that and considering LSD+MDMA is considered a very intense and not exactly 'beginner' experience, it's just probably not a good idea. In the same way it'd be bad HR to recommend he take two tabs, seeing as we don't know the strength of them or even if they are LSD. If he takes one and it isn't strong enough he can take more another time, he has his whole life, if he takes one and it's too strong to handle or it's an NBOMe and he has a reaction or something, the end result is gonna be much better than if he'd taken two.

Saying that though, if you're reaching the end of the trip (9 hrs or so) and feel like you could handle some MDMA then, that should be OK if you don't go overboard and don't feel too mentally exhausted to handle it. I took MDMA after my first LSD trip and it was the most amazing day of my life. But I knew, especially in hindsight, that taking the two simultaneously it would have been too much and a silly idea. Don't take it before, either immediately before or the day(s) or even weeks before ideally, the potential hangover and blues of the comedown may impact the trip for the worse. Even if you don't get comedowns, it doesn't mean you might not next time. It's worth avoiding it to reduce risk of a negative experience.

Oh and again, do NOT be taking 1g of 'MDMA'... Pure MDMA you should only need 1/8th to 1/4 of a gram max in the night... If you need more it's cut, impure, something else, or your tolerance is way too high and you shouldn't be taking more MDMA anyway.

And yeah if you do start feeling uncomfortable, a benzo like Valium can be a lifesaver. Or if it's just a little discomfort and not too serious, just riding it out often leads quickly to a better place, or a beer or something can help just a little at nudging you into a more careless state. I wouldn't recommend weed unless you're an all day, every day smoker. And even then, on your first LSD trip, I'd probably still say avoid it. The only negative part of LSD experiences for me has been after I've decided to smoke weed, and even after the high is fading, the sharpness and clarity of the LSD is still muted for some time (in my experience).

Last edited:
best advice I can give you besides having a trip sitter, and benzos on hand, is really enjoy yourself. I find that if i search for meaning, i miss the meaning I was searching for the whole time.