• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Advice on DXM?

DonStatus

Bluelighter
Happy Friday to all,

Quick question for the masses tonight.

Has anyone here used DXM to increase the effects of opiates?

Does it work as well as people say?

How did you take it?
How Much did you take?
Did it work?

I'm curious to see what people think

thx

Some people get good effects using DXM but it never did much for me. Typical dose is 60mg. Good luck and be safe!

Other potentators include: white grapefruit juice, tagamet (cimetidine) and benadryl (diphenhydramine) to name a few.

Thanks Will,

I've used GFJ to limited effect and benadryl does work.

I guess ill do a DXM experiment soon.

I'll be sure to post back results

dxm is the best opiate potentiator out there. and its true potentiation, not just adding another downer on top of it to make you nod more or more tired, it truly makes it feel like you took more opiates and perhaps an added stimulation and euphoria on top of that.

100 mg of HBr 2 hours before taking your opiate is the best way to go.

if you want insane euphoria add some nitrous to the combo after the opiate kicks in.

I suppose the combo makes sense, seeing as how Methadone's "D"-isomer, which shares DXM's action as an NMDA antagonist, is apparently considered one reason why Methadone is so effective at "stabilizing" opiate addicts compared to other opioids.
That said, NMDA antagonism isn't for everyone (since it also potentiates other side-effects like nausea), which is why some European countries are also offering pure L-Methadone ("L-Polamidone") for people on MMT.

Also, doesn't DXM have some serotonergic effects? In that case you should probably be careful about combining it with Tramadol.