• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Advice on a bad experience with coke

Kie_97

Greenlighter
I've been using coke on average once a week for the past 4 months consuming 0.5-1g each session. 7 days ago I turned 21 and went all out with 1.5g of good quality coke, I had 0.5 each night for 3 days (missing a day inbetween the 2nd and 3rd day) I was drinking heavily each time. On the 3rd day I felt as if I was going to have a heart attack at the end of the session and had to call an ambulance! The paramedics called me dumb as I am for going in so heavy and they said all was clear health wise. I've been asked to go out again this weekend clubbing and will more then likely be having 0.5 of the good stuff. It really frighted me when I had the bad experience and I was wondering if its safe for me to go out again tonight, anyone got any advice on what I should do? Nobody found out about this incident and I've got no plans to tell anyone, thanks!

Hey, welcome to Bluelight Kie_97 :)

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing some heart trouble and/or panic attacks from your coke use.

I'd suggest you don't take any coke when you next go out, or at the very least don't mix it with alcohol. Alcohol and cocaine taken together are kind of 'synergistically bad' and also form another more harmful compound in the liver. All of which can intensity the effect of the coke, further increasing blood pressure, heart rate, causing heart arrhythmias, panic attacks and paranoia.

Obviously it isn't safe for you to go again so maybe you will maybe you won't. Either way the paramedic shouldn't call you dumb. If you feel like you're having a heart attack especially if you have cocaine then call an ambulance. We all do dumb shit so don't feel ashamed about calling for help. And dont just think oh its a panic attack. You cant tell if its that or something more dangerous just by feel.

Obviously it isn't safe for you to go again so maybe you will maybe you won't. Either way the paramedic shouldn't call you dumb. If you feel like you're having a heart attack especially if you have cocaine then call an ambulance. We all do dumb shit so don't feel ashamed about calling for help. And dont just think oh its a panic attack. You cant tell if its that or something more dangerous just by feel.

Damm right. I haven't had the best experience with paramedics myself, although I'm sure many of them are good people. I believe some of them are just jaded, some are noobs that don't have the best bedside manner, so to speak and then you have the assholes, especially the ones that forget they don't have M.D. after their name... Those are the worst employees in the medical field.

But yeah, as has been said, take it easy, especially when mixing with alcohol or other drugs. Coke can come up on your quickly, especially with how fiendish (the urge to redose) it can be and usually is in my and many other's experience.

I'd say 30% of medical professionals are outwardly hostile toward addicts, 30% are quite skeptical but are more dedicated to the practice of their profession and their dedication to improving the health of individuals than they are to trends in politics (Drug War), 20% go above and beyond the normal call to help you out and 10% don't care why you're in trouble, disease, addiction, what have you and treat you with absolute care and understanding that this could feasibly happen to anyone. Just my opinion based upon experience.

Typically, the younger staff seems to be more judgmental than the older set in my experience. I think they're ready and willing to demonstrate their superiority to whoever they can find.

I think you probably just had some kind of anxiety attack as opposed to a serious cardiac event, but it would be dangerous for me to say one way or another. The thing is, Cocaine is inherently cardiotoxic, so to experience a serious event would be no more than known cause and effect. Combining Cocaine with alcohol generates a third substance known as Cocaethylene, that both increases the euphoria of both and also increases the cardiotoxicity.

It's your body and your decision. I think it's unlikely that there's anything wrong with your heart. A healthy individual in their youth should be able to handle an insult or two to their body before they drop.