• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Advice needed

Dabler

Greenlighter
I've been snorting about a gram of very good H every three days for about 7 months. I've been on and off it for about 12 years and each time the withdrawals are worse than the last.
I live in NY and get my supplies from Brooklyn and I assume it's at least cut with Fentanyl.
I've been trying to taper my use but not much luck with that. I have four 40mg tablets of Methadone, six 8mg Suboxones a bunch of Loperamide and Kratom and a dozen Xanax bars.
I will be out of H tomorrow. With the supplies I have, what would be the best method to minimize WD symptoms as I cannot miss work and must be functioning at a decent level. But, luckily I will be working from home for the next few weeks. Any advice would be much appreciated as I am a novice when it comes to Methadone.

Here's my advice for you -

Day 1 - 40 mg methadone. Xanax if needed to get through the day. Xanax if needed to help sleep. Methadone is a strong ass drug 40 mg should be enough to starve off even fentanyl withdrawal.
Day 2 - Same thing
Day 3 - 20 mg Methadone. Same with the benzos.
Day 4 - 20 mg methadone. Same with benzos
Day 5. 20 mg methadone ... benzos as needed...

This is where it'll be tough because to switch over from methadone to suboxone you're going to need to wait a minimum of 48 hours, and more likely to ensure you don't enter precipitated withdrawal 72-96 hours would be more ideal. When I switched from 120 mg of methadone to subutex I waited 100 hours before I took my first 2 mg dose. I didn't really PWD.

So try and time it that your weekend or days off are during this time because you will likely be pretty sick by the time you can take suboxone.

Then the same thing I wrote on the other withdrawal thread.

2 mg - 0:00
2 mg - 1 hour later if no signs of PWD
4 mg - 4 hours later
4 mg - 8 hours later

Day 2

8 mg - 9 AM
8 MG - 6 pm

Day 3

8 mg - 9 Am
4 mg - 6 pm

Day 4

4 mg - 9 am
4 mg - 6 pm

Day 5

4 mg - 9 am
2 mg - 6 pm

Day 6 -

2 mg 9 am
2 mg - 6 pm

Day 7

2 mg - 9 am.

The gold standard trio for opiate withdrawal is Clonidine, Hydrozxyine and Gabapentin prescribed by just about every detox in the country. If you can get these meds they will help.

The xanax should really help too, but you should really try and save the benzos for when all the methadone and subs are gone, you'll be far better off that way and less likely to suffer or not sleep.

Good luck

Day 1 - 40 mg methadone. Xanax if needed to get through the day. Xanax if needed to help sleep. Methadone is a strong ass drug 40 mg should be enough to starve off even fentanyl withdrawal.
Day 2 - Same thing

This is where it'll be tough because to switch over from methadone to suboxone you're going to need to wait a minimum of 48 hours, and more likely to ensure you don't enter precipitated withdrawal 72-96 hours would be more ideal. When I switched from 120 mg of methadone to subutex I waited 100 hours before I took my first 2 mg dose. I didn't really PWD.

So try and time it that your weekend or days off are during this time because you will likely be pretty sick by the time you can take suboxone.

4 mg - 4 hours later
4 mg - 8 hours later

Day 2

8 mg - 9 AM
8 MG - 6 pm

Day 3

8 mg - 9 Am
4 mg - 6 pm

Day 4

4 mg - 9 am
4 mg - 6 pm

Day 5

4 mg - 9 am
2 mg - 6 pm

Day 6 -

2 mg 9 am
2 mg - 6 pm

Day 7

2 mg - 9 am.

The gold standard trio for opiate withdrawal is Clonidine, Hydrozxyine and Gabapentin prescribed by just about every detox in the country. If you can get these meds they will help.

The xanax should really help too, but you should really try and save the benzos for when all the methadone and subs are gone, you'll be far better off that way and less likely to suffer or not sleep.

Good luck
If he could get pregabalin he could sail through the wd but gabapentin nearly the same

Pregabalin is 3-6 fold higher in potency compared to Gabapentin, he'd be MUCH better off with Pregabalin.
I use pregabs for my wds you dont even really notice your in wds you get the sneezing and back ache but im up and about sleep well and most importantly no anxiety i gone to work during wds on pregabs

Day 2 - Same thing

4 mg - 4 hours later
4 mg - 8 hours later

Day 2

8 mg - 9 AM
8 MG - 6 pm

Day 3

8 mg - 9 Am
4 mg - 6 pm

Day 4

4 mg - 9 am
4 mg - 6 pm

Day 5

4 mg - 9 am
2 mg - 6 pm

Day 6 -

2 mg 9 am
2 mg - 6 pm

Day 7

2 mg - 9 am.

Good luck
Thank you for this, it's very helpful.
Can I taper the Methadone from 20 down to 10 or 5mg over a few days, this way when switching to Suboxone I may not have to wait as long with less in my system?
Or will that not be enough to keep me from being sick?
Also if I'm going to be pretty sick after five days of Methadone waiting to start the subs, would it be better to skip the Methadone all together and start the subs after a day or two of my last hit of H?

Is the only way to get preabalin with a script? If so I won't be able to get it.
You will need a script In England, i know such a large circle I got to know this guy that gets them from India by post i got a total of 5000 300 mg capsules for 50 p each if you know someone that sells pills find out or try to0 con your doctor. I am serious you will hardly know you in wds with them you will fly through the wd but be careful i swapped my heroin addiction for an addiction to pregabalin [lyrica] its a worse wd than heroin. Start small and increase then after day 3 taper of them in a few day

I would not skip the methadone I would do what you said and go lower than 20.

honestly maybe skip the subs all together, but if you are using real heroin and not fentanyl usually you can take a sub a lot sooner.

36-48 hours post heroin use
50-72+ hours post fentanyl use

I would not skip the methadone I would do what you said and go lower than 20.

honestly maybe skip the subs all together, but if you are using real heroin and not fentanyl usually you can take a sub a lot sooner.

36-48 hours post heroin use
50-72+ hours post fentanyl use
Thank you. I'll try to taper down the Methadone another few days as low as I can go then Kratom for a few days then if needed, I'll start the subs.
The H I've been getting has been so good that I just assume there is Fentanyl in it.

Thank you. I'll try to taper down the Methadone another few days as low as I can go then Kratom for a few days then if needed, I'll start the subs.
The H I've been getting has been so good that I just assume there is Fentanyl in it.

It’s definitely hard to tell I know England and Europe / the Netherlands is mainly real heroin however I’m surprised fentanyl hasn’t infiltrated yet.

The entire northeast of America from DC to Boston your strike gold to find real heroin anymore.

If you’re getting real #4 pure heroin it probably just is that good so hopefully you don’t have fentanyl but it’s possible.

Heroin is much more euphoric and long lasting than fentanyl

And that’s an excellent idea use Kratom to bridge to subs if needed cause that should be a smoother transition

It’s definitely hard to tell I know England and Europe / the Netherlands is mainly real heroin however I’m surprised fentanyl hasn’t infiltrated yet.

The entire northeast of America from DC to Boston your strike gold to find real heroin anymore.

If you’re getting real #4 pure heroin it probably just is that good so hopefully you don’t have fentanyl but it’s possible.

Heroin is much more euphoric and long lasting than fentanyl

And that’s an excellent idea use Kratom to bridge to subs if needed cause that should be a smoother transition
I snort so there is a taste when you do and it taste like the H that I know and love over the last dozen years so maybe it's just H.
But, I'm not sure I would taste a difference if it was cut with fentanyl.
As far as how long it last, it's hard to tell because I am as addicted to the sniffing as I am to the H so it's never long before I'm doing another bump.