• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Advice needed on the safety and lack of any actual euphoria/intoxication.

G

Gasplooge

Hello I just want to be clear all of these meds are prescribed to me for treatment of real problems. Basically, the question I want to ask is why I am feeling nothing from this combination of prescriptions? So 6 days ago I went to the ER with lower back pain so intense I had to call my father who lives near by to help me get out of bed and there. (I really don't like the attention an ambulance makes and as a PTSD, Bipolar phenotype FOH and just plain general anxiety sufferer) There I got an x-ray and they told me I had compressed a disk and it was irritating a nerve. So I get sent home with

-5mg oxycodone with whatever the 335mg or so of Tylenol in it
-10mg of cyclobenzaprine (I can't spell it but its a muscle relaxer)
-800mg of some NSAID

Now from my Psych I already take and this is true.
26 intranasal sprays of 15mg per ml ketamine (that's 405mg of Ketamine and because of the effects they took there time to slowly raise the dose so my tolerance is super high) and it every 3 days.
Up to 4mg of Xanax
30mg of Resoril for sleep
4 35.7mg? of phentermine
250mg of Nuvigil
Along with Lithium and Depakote but there not the things I'm worried about.

So I took the ketamine today and all of that stuff up there and I'm still pretty not euphonic. This is not to say that was my goal but I don't do Opiates but in the past I had a couple and wow was that relaxing and euphoric. I just kind of expected more. Also the ER doc was aware of my other meds but isn't there a lot of CNS depressants in this mix? I'm aware my tolerance for the Psych meds is probably a factor but why would I not experience the same effects from the opiates as I did 6+ years ago? One might think taken together there could be a potentiation effect but no. Is it because I am actually using the psych meds to keep me balanced and that I am still in a shit load of pain that is keeping me from feeling good?

This is probably a stupid question and I hope I am not violating any rules.

Thanks in advance.

e.

Seems that you are already using drugs daily and are addicted. Dont let that happen with the oxy or whatever muscle relaxer you mentioned even if ur doc says take ot daily thats how u get addicted put 24 hours at least between each dose

Yes it is because your body is legitimately using the opiate to treat your pain, before there was no physical need for them so they effected you differently.