• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice needed on microdosing Psilocybin / Mushrooms?

I like that picture, where's it from?

This engraving by an unknown artist, is called Empedocles Breaks through the Crystal Spheres. It first appeared in Camille Flammarion’s 1888 book L’atmosphère: météorologie populaire (The Atmosphere: Popular Meteorology) with the caption: “A missionary of the Middle Ages tells that he had found the point where the sky and the Earth touch.”

Last edited:
Oh BTW, Psilocin and psilocybin are basically one and the same, at least as far as your brain goes.
Psilocybin is a prodrug that is converted to psilocin in the body so one doesn't last any longer than the other.

With a lemontek you convert psilocybin to psilocin and that definitely comes on faster and stronger (and lasts a bit shorter). Look at how the ROA affects DPT or 3-MeO-PCP, the absorption rate affects the effects (heh.) of a drug a lot. With a microdose you want less intense psychedelia, so psilocybin is preferred.

Thanks for the advice. Yes I would say I probably am like you and inside doing nothing a lot of the time. I do get out most days to go to the gym and I play a bit of sport once or twice a week now but apart from that I don't do a lot due to being out of work from the anxiety and stress issues.

So I guess I don't really have a plan no. I was hoping to start Microdosing and get back out there doing a few more things and hopefully get some benefits from the mushrooms at the same time. I am just so vacant minded these days, I am always seem like i'm on auto pilot state and I have no idea where my life is going and no idea what to do with myself, I think its partly a subconscious way of not thinking about anything to protect myself from the constant anxiety and I thought microdosing might help to take me out of this subdued state.

Yeah that's the important thing here, trying to find something to do so you can actually return to an active life-style. Just find something you love and try it, improve yourself, learn some skills. Tbh, the microdose could make it easier, but it's not gonna do it for you. All you need to do is get busy, and that's hard, but at least look for something.

Honestly I have doubts that microdosing has any real value beyond placebo.

I think people like to assign some magical otherworldly property to psychedelic drugs and end up believing them to be some kind of cure-all magic elixir. As I see it though, microdosing is like the homeopathy of drug taking. The primary effect of a psychedelic is to induce a powerful psychedelic experience, and I believe all other potential benefits are a consequence of this primary effect. Ergo, to take a dose low enough that you do not experience any significant psychedelia is likely pointless.

I mean, if this was absolutely any other class of drug ever, the whole idea of a "microdose" would just be ridiculous. You don't get people taking say, just a couple milligrams of paracetamol daily to improve their resistance to headaches, or something... a couple millilitres of alcohol daily to become more relaxed. The idea would just be laughable.

Of course this is just my opinion, I have no data to back it up. Unfortunately although many people claim anecdotally to have benefitted from microdosing there is also zero actual data to back this up, so if you do decide to go ahead with this, I implore you, for science and for the credibility of drug users everywhere, please try to keep some kind of record of your dosing regimen and any actual measurable improvements to your life resulting from it.

This could be interesting to you. It details an experiment of the 60s where a small (but not micro) dose of LSD was used for problem solving. Albert Hoffman himself would microdose if he would run in to a problem. There is some legitimate potential, though the effect should not be overstated. Ibogaine microdosing makes a lot of sense because of the SSRI effect

^ I'm guessing 5mg 4-AcO-DMT is about as potent as 0.5g typical magic mushrooms, which for me is more than a microdose, more like a light dose.

I agree that 4-AcO-DMT would generally be easier to work with than magic mushrooms for this sort of thing, and it probably has a longer shelf life too.

Yeah 5mg is a lot, I've always had a massive tolerance to mushrooms. For me 5mg is just perceptible and can turn a bad day into a good one, so it is more like mini dosing than micro dosing.

Last edited:
I would say 0.2g cubes or 0.1g liberties is a microdose. 0.5g cubes or 0.25g liberties is where I'd say it becomes a small dose

This could be interesting to you. It details an experiment of the 60s where a small (but not micro) dose of LSD was used for problem solving. Albert Hoffman himself would microdose if he would run in to a problem. There is some legitimate potential, though the effect should not be overstated. Ibogaine microdosing makes a lot of sense because of the SSRI effect

Neat study. It seems like a terrible experiment design though! No control group, difficult to quantify results... I guess that was a different era. Nonetheless, it's a really good bunch of anecdotes. I've definitely found novel, creative solutions to technical problems under mini/micro doses of PDs. I'd never call microdosed PDs "nootropic", but they do give you a good alternate angle, and access to new modes of thinking. Maybe creato-genic ... or something. Sometimes psychedelics demand a new vocabulary.

mr peabody said:
This engraving by an unknown artist, is called Empedocles Breaks through the Crystal Spheres. It first appeared in Camille Flammarion’s 1888 book L’atmosphère: météorologie populaire (The Atmosphere: Popular Meteorology) with the caption: “A missionary of the Middle Ages tells that he had found the point where the sky and the Earth touch.”

Really cool. What a fantastic idea.

Yeah, never tried an actual nootropic but wouldn't quantify microdosing as such either. Maybe a slight enhancement of cognition, like you just put some wd-40 on the cogs and wheels of your mind or something.

The relevant studies part is what is actually interesting though. Like the study where a micro dose would increase web regularity in spiders (larger doses actually decreased web regularity) or that ibogaine has been sold in micro doses in France back in the 50s. The point being that micro dosing isn't just wishful thinking.

I guess some of the things i'm asking may well be against the rules so I will delete them.

Last edited:
With a lemontek you convert psilocybin to psilocin and that definitely comes on faster and stronger (and lasts a bit shorter). Look at how the ROA affects DPT or 3-MeO-PCP, the absorption rate affects the effects (heh.) of a drug a lot. With a microdose you want less intense psychedelia, so psilocybin is preferred.
You do the work so your liver doesn't have to, huh?
Thanks for the info Kid.

I have been doing 0.2g of dried liberty caps twice a week. I am cutting the dose a bit though cos I'm starting to get a bit manic with this dose. I only been doing it for two weeks but I'm definitely feeling a benefit from it. I'm working a temp job in a warehouse which is boring as fekk but these help lift my mood and make me think about how to complete my tasks in the most efficient way. I also use l-Theanine but I was using this for a while beforehand so I can feel the difference in it.

Today was my dose day, I use on a Thursday and a Monday morning. I was in a great mood and getting stuck into my job and helping a couple of the younger people, really getting the job done when I got a flashback of an MXE trip. I could smell the same chemical smell that I used to smell when I took this stuff and its been about 4 years since I took it. The same thoughts that I had on this trip came back and I even felt the same emotions. It lasted for about 5-10 minutes and it wasn't a bad experience but I had control over it I wasn't actually back tripping but it was quite a strong flashback. I can even remember where I was on this trip and it was the last time I used MXE. I'm going to wait a week or so and then take a 0.1g dose and see if that's a bit better. Does anyone think I would be better to keep them dried or make an extract?? Or maybe even a strong drink with alcohol in so that it keeps better?? Any tips would be welcome.

Took my first microdose today. Started with 0.15g of [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Psilocybe cubensis b+. I didn't exactly get the effects I was hoping for or expected. I just felt groggy and had brain fog all day, was irritable and just couldn't think straight. I think I felt a bit groggy when I woke up in the morning anyway before the dose so maybe that was the problem but the microdose just seemed to make it worse.

I am thinking of upping the dose next time but am concerned I am just going to feel even more foggy and groggy from it. Maybe the dose was too low, I don't know. Anyone else experienced this?[/FONT]

Yeah, I do find microdosing mushrooms does not always yield as consistent or positive results as microdosing LSD. LSD is more suited for this purpose I suppose due to its long duration and stimulant properties.

I find 'microdosing' mushrooms is usually best if you actually take a threshold dose (so you will feel a very light 'trip') to enhance a night in smoking weed and having a few beers or doing some K or something. True microdoses (doses that don't yield any noticeable psychedelic effects) of mushrooms alone always seem to be unpredictable as to whether they make me feel good or a bit groggy/down.

If you're looking to enhance creative energy or productivity in the day then microdosing LSD is preferable in my opinion, around 18 micrograms is what I usually go for. It's also great for enhancing drinking/weed/K if you're gonna actually be going out / being active / up late rather than chilling indoors, and you can push the dose up to ~35 micrograms for a little helping of actual psychedelia if desired.

Remember that its MICRO dosing, you don't need to take a threshold dose just a little bit each time and see how you get on. I'm definitely feeling more motivated than I was before I started, I even kinda look forward to work each day and my job is crap. I also feel a lot more social than before and I'm able to keep conversations going even with people I don't know which I always used to find quite hard. If you took a threshold dose then you would have to keep going up a wee bit each time because of tolerance wouldn't you?? It's only been a few weeks for me but I'm gonna keep going if it's going to be this good.

Remember that its MICRO dosing, you don't need to take a threshold dose just a little bit each time and see how you get on. I'm definitely feeling more motivated than I was before I started, I even kinda look forward to work each day and my job is crap. I also feel a lot more social than before and I'm able to keep conversations going even with people I don't know which I always used to find quite hard. If you took a threshold dose then you would have to keep going up a wee bit each time because of tolerance wouldn't you?? It's only been a few weeks for me but I'm gonna keep going if it's going to be this good.

What dose are you on at the moment and how often do you take it?

I had a dose of 0.15g yesterday and felt like crap. I will probably up it to 0.3g next time and see how I go.

Sorry bout the late reply, just noticed your question. I started on 0.2g twice a week and then I reduced to 0.1g three days a week now. I use liberty caps by the way which are stronger than cubes. I now do it on Mon, wed and Friday morning. At the higher dose it was great at first but then I started getting slightly manic but this lower dose is more suitable so far.