• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Advice for pain reduction: Cannabis/CDB/Delta 8 vs Kratom

Mureceptor

Bluelighter
Greetings,

After 46 years of Bodybuilding and MMA training, I have a great deal of damage to my body (need hip and shoulder replacement, etc.) and am looking for nightly pain relief (I just deal with it during the day). I was using CDB/Delta 8/Marijuana products, but stopped because my wife and I caught our 14 year old son vaping weed, and I wanted to set an example. It was shockingly easy to stop, I had zero withdrawls. I switched over to using Kratom 3-4 days a week (again I only use it at night, taking 2 3-4 gram doses). I personally have not found Kratom to be very addictive, but after spending time on this forum I have found many who believe it is.

Since I used marijuana/Delta 8 products daily for 4 years and put them down effortlessly, I know that addiction levels, for me at least, are minimal. However, the pain relief from these products are not very significant. Kratom gives me MUCH, MUCH more pain relief. I thought using only 3-4 times a week would prevent addiction, but members of this forum have convinced me otherwise.

So the question I have is, what is the best strategy for safely reducing my pain levels which are very high. I will be seeing a rheumatologist soon, but I am going primarily because I need hip replacement and shoulder surgery. I also have very painful plantar fasciitis. I am going to the doc because I know I need the surgeries (I have already had many) I don't expect pain relief because nearly all the doctors I experience care more about their license and money than my suffering.

Your thoughtful advice is greatly appreciated.