View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice for first lsd trip

AspiringPsychonaut

Greenlighter
Hi all! I will be having my first experience with LSD in the next week or so. I will be with two other friends, one who has experience on LSD and one who will be a first timer like myself :) We will all be taking 1 tab containing 150ug of LSD. I think it will be nothing like I think it will be, all I know is that it's gonna be awesome and it will have a profound impact on my consciousness. I need advice for my first timer friend. For the sake of anonymity I'll call my friend Josh. Josh has a family history of schizophrenia on his mothers side, Josh was also abused by his step father when he was young. Josh is a very good friend of mine and I would like some advice on what could be done to help him have a good experience and avoid having a bad trip as I'm afraid it'll bring up the schizophrenia and that he won't be able to recover. He's used mdma countless times and is a regular cannabis smoker. Is there anything I could do or suggest that he do before going into the trip to steer it onto an enjoyable path? Also, I understand that if you go into any psychedelic experiences expecting to control it, you're in for a bad time. I'm not trying to control the trip, I'm just trying to guide it :)

Josh should take a really good look at his mental stability, cause he is just statistically at higher risk of adverse reactions. It is not like set & setting where you can do things to change it, it would be a genetic predisposition. A chance that is higher for him than for the average person. Nothing more nothing less...

That said, you can try to do everything to minimize negative external triggers or stimuli.. so just arrange a safe and supportive environment, think of possible nasty surprises (like being called on the phone getting bad news or something difficult to deal with) and guard yourself so that they are avoided or postponed.

Check out our first time tripper thread, set & setting and more here:

just a piece of the Psychedelic Index (link in my signature):

150 ug LSD is a high dose for a first time, its almost double of what I would recommend (75-100).. you could do it but it raises the stakes so you will have to be equally confident going in.

That said, when you are done planning and you start dosing - then you should feel free to let go, if you planned well then confide in that - and let the trip flow wherever it takes you even if it can sometimes be scary or unlike anything you have experienced. If its new to you, just assume that it is just a part of it - of course the truly obvious problems should not be euphemized or ignored.

It can help to be open to each other going in, agree with each other that they should not feel awkward or think that anything is weird, like suddenly wanting to laugh or cry or dance around...

Be prepared to see people bare their souls, and don't do it unless you are okay with people going through difficult shit that they may have been repressing for their whole lives.

The group will have to be able to take that, and at the same time people should be able to take some alone-time if they really feel they need that. Be clear about that, and that you will check up on each other from time to time to make sure they are okay.

Basically, be attentive and provide a free and therapeutic + recreational atmosphere...

If you think that might be a bit much then having an extra sober person present who is familiar with tripping may help as a guide - they would have to be a trustworthy person that people are very okay with.

Safe journeys and be careful! :D

Last edited: