View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice for candy flipping

w0nky

Greenlighter
I hope i have put this in the right section.

To begin with, i have candy flipped a number of times and until now i have always dosed my MDMA around 6 hours after the LSD.
This saturday i am attending a festival and i plan to keep the LSD dose relatively low but to drop the MD so that they peak together maybe 2 hours in.

I have 2 questions:
1) Re-dosing MDMA? i have read a number of times that re-dosing past 1hr has little effect, is this the case or does it just make the comedown harsher? is it a good idea to redose while candy flipping?
2) What would be the best time to smoke some herb?
From past experiences on LSD trips i have had an experience which i am wondering if someone could shed light on?
On most of my acid trips i smoke weed during the come up, at the peak and on the comedown. While smoking it seems to slightly increase the visuals but to no great extent.
However, on one particular acid trip i couldn't get weed until the end maybe about 9 hours after dropping. After smoking one joint OEV fractal patterns began to appear, is this common? Should i smoke weed at the festival or save it for when i am coming down at someones house to bring the trip back again?

Personally I've hardly ever bothered re-dosing MDMA (in a candyflip or otherwise), I feel it's just abusing drugs at that point. However, I have done it at least once during a candyflip, and found the second dose actually can get you back up to almost the same height, provided you keep both doses on the smaller-than-average side.

If you're at a festival I'd say just play it by ear and gut feeling, when you feel the MDMA begin to taper off, take your 2nd dose. You'll have a gentle transition as the first one is fading and the second one comes on. No need to be following a pre-determined regime while on festie time!

I just really recommend keeping your doses humble for a festival, it's all about the music really!

Edit: Oh yeah: weed at any time, but it's kinda nice towards the end, after you've dosed your last pill. It's good to give that little bit of extra sparkle as everything is winding down.

I've had the same experience as you in regards to smoking weed part way through an LSD experience. I used to be a habitual smoker and always smoked during trips. However, there was one trip where my tripping partner and I had no marijuana through the whole trip. About six hours into the trip, the peak having already subsided, my friend's brother showed up with weed. As soon as I exhaled my first hit patterning practically exploded in front of my eyes. The peak was back and lasted a good two hours more.

As far as how to dose, I would take your LSD and MDMA at the same time and then re-dose the MDMA about two hours into the experience. But that's just me. It's your body and your mind, you know yourself best. Have fun and be safe, candy flipping is pretty wild.

Yeah also I'm sure we've all seen a lot of people's festival night go sideways from smoking too much weed combined with psychedelics, getting too high and then having to hide out in their tents for the nights. I think psychedelics are a lot easier to handle in the crowds than weed is!

Yeah also I'm sure we've all seen a lot of people's festival night go sideways from smoking too much weed combined with psychedelics, getting too high and then having to hide out in their tents for the nights. I think psychedelics are a lot easier to handle in the crowds than weed is!

The advice I generally give people is- if you always smoke weed, then you should smoke on psychedelics. If you don't always smoke, I would avoid it. I haven't been a habitual smoker in about three years. Based on the couple times I smoked this year, I would hesitate to combine it with psychedelics, especially in a crowd environment.

if you are pretty comfortable with peaking hard at a crowded, confusing, over-stimulating festival atmosphere, then go for it i guess. i hardly ever drop them at the same time these days. the peak can be great, but once the roll starts to fizzle out i would get bummed out. you can redose, but the L WILL linger longer than the pleasurable effects of the ecstasy, even if you redose like hell.

what you could do is take a dose, or half a dose. then you peak a little, get used to the effects, then drop the MDMA with another hit, or half a hit of acid. this will achieve what you were looking for without the candyflip washing out halfway through. the acid will still linger a bit longer, and it will certainly be a longer trip. you know whats best for you, and sometimes its best to get to the event and feel things out before you do anything. i have decided on tripping balls then going to a festival and felt weird vibes and decided against tripping. its all up to you.