Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice about treating Chronic addiction using psychecelics

A9254DF

Bluelighter
Hi there,
I have been an addict since i found drugs. I believe it because i experienced trauma as a child.
I have tried all sorts of methods to try to rid myself of my opiate and benzo addictions and i can get short periods of not using sometimes but the feeling i wanto get rid of re surface and i end up using again.
my question is this. What can you tell me about options of treating addictions using psychedelics?
i am poor and have no money so going to an ayahuasca ceremony in south america isnt an option.
is there a way i could cpme up with a set of questions i wanto think about with myself and talk it through with my best friend and sober trip sitter whilst on a BIG dose of something like 1p-lsd?
any advice welcome,
i want to feel comfortable in my own skin....

I hear ya.

There are different levels on which to treat addiction. Symptomatically you can recognize addiction as a form of mechanical behaviour, a sort of disowning process by the mind, in so far as the mind itself is a process transcending simple mechanics. With that philosophy I've been able to have fairly stable substance use without feeling like an addict. Whenever I've spotted regret in action, I've made time slots available to sit with the uncomfortable feeling that amounted into disownment into automatic, destructive behaviour. Meditation, if you will. Or conscious oxygenation, increasing prefrontal cortex mediation into feeling and behaviour.

You can also intervene on a deeper level. I've always somewhat sensed my past experiences qualify as trauma, but I've found it necessary to deny this most of the time, just to be able not to feel like a powerless victim, and to be able to get on with life. Since you mention trauma, I assume you want to act on this deeper level.

Whether psychedelics will grow you an extra handle on your behaviour depends on the severity of your trauma, I suspect. I've found only limited use for psychedelics myself, though I've always skipped DMT (I'm on a budget as well), and somehow have never gone that heavy on the acid, despite my nick. If you have people you trust to essentially perform psychological surgery on you, I do suggest combining psychedelics with MDMA. I wouldn't recommend more than 75mg-100mg. The acid can be upped as high as you're comfortable with and the sitter is able to tune in to... and he or she might want to microdose to get into the vibe of the ordeal more readily. Replacing the acid (analogue) with psilocybin/psilocin would shift emphasis from the cognitive to the emotional, whether this is preferable depends on personal factors.

Recently I've discovered a technique to dig very deeply into the psyche without psychedelic risk of madness and without having to overcome distrust towards others, including so-called professionals. But the technique is quite absurd and far-out. Look at this thread if you want some sort of backup plan.

Since we're talking benzos and opiates, ibogaine also has to be considered, despite its risks. I've little experience with substances with a physical addiction component myself, I'm sure others will be more confident weighing off the risks versus the needs here.

Last edited:
Magic mushrooms are the best for breaking addictions i have used it to stop smoking cannabis and tobacco and using various stimulants including meth. I have also seen one shroom trip stop peoples heavy meth addictions

imo LSD has never helped me with addiction but its still good for self development

And magic mushrooms are practically free if you put the time into learning and identifying them

Mushrooms. 1/10 of a gram every 3 days for 2 weeks. Not enough to “feel it,” but enough to scrape some crud off and provide alternate pathways in the mind.

I have not tried this, but my cousin was shooting speedballs and was wrecked completely; then he tried a Salvia trip and said it was a total construct break and reframe. He’s off heavy drugs for 2.5 years now! Just eats brownies.

I like what Chris Timothy said up there ^ about setting aside some focussed time acknowledging and meditating. Acknowledge that the trauma *happened* and meditate on your goal for a new life.

A magic/heavy dose trip can help you fix things, but it relies heavily on set, setting and intention.
Try writing some of your thoughts on this.
Then simplify those into a single sentence or two; it’ll help during the trip, and after, as you reflect on the experience.

And keep talking about it, share you intent with others, even on the net (Welcome to BL, by the way!)

I wish you luck and universal love - you’ll make it and be in control again!

hi there,
thank you so much for the kind comments. I have a incredibly trusted friend who has also been through the mental health system and is on a board of directors for a medical charity so i REALLY trust him.
I am thinking of doing a podcast series on it throughout each stage, maybe ommitting the actual trip but then documenting the after effects.
I also plan to sit down with my friend who will be guiding me and come up with questions that need to be asked but will be painful.
I am currently in the research phase, reading lots of books about bill AA's experiences with LSD and alcoholism.
I just feel i have tried absolutely everything to rid myself of the trauma from my child sexual abuse aswell as the self inflicted trauma as a consequence of my using. (i watched my gf die in front of me)
With regards to the actual substance, i think getting my sitter to microdose is a great idea and i was considering a 400ug 1p-lsd or even just LSD. I tried out 100UG the other day as its been a while and im still in the afterglow ffrom that and havnt been using nearly as much so im confident.
As for the mdma aswell, that is a genious idea and will almost certainly be incorporated.
When i get my podcast or youtube show going ill be sure to let you guys know. Hell maybe we could even set up some interviews?
Thanks for the support in the tough times, iuts nice to come on bluelight to find a solution rather than get info about getting f**ked up!
much love

Hi there,
I have been an addict since i found drugs. I believe it because i experienced trauma as a child.
I have tried all sorts of methods to try to rid myself of my opiate and benzo addictions and i can get short periods of not using sometimes but the feeling i wanto get rid of re surface and i end up using again.
my question is this. What can you tell me about options of treating addictions using psychedelics?
i am poor and have no money so going to an ayahuasca ceremony in south america isnt an option.
is there a way i could cpme up with a set of questions i wanto think about with myself and talk it through with my best friend and sober trip sitter whilst on a BIG dose of something like 1p-lsd?
any advice welcome,
i want to feel comfortable in my own skin....
Hej! Maybe have a look here:
Opiate/opioid addiction
Is addiction rooted in childhood trauma?
You are more than welcome to PM me anytime.
pb

I'm definitely biased against institutionalized mental healthcare.. generally speaking, I mean the paradigms which have no affinity with psychedelic medicine. They don't like messed up people that outsmart them. If they can't relate and can't manipulate, then they have to get rid of them, and the way they do that is by framing and treating them as psychopaths, ironically. And in order not to turn that cold shower into a self-fulfilling prophecy, I've found it essential to realize the joke's on me for assuming bureaucrats to know better what to do with my life than I do. Open communities is where the power's at in my opinion, we have no fixed consensus or shared assumption to defend where everyone's paycheck depends on. (if only because at least some of us are too disorganized and paranoid to turn to dealing lol)

That said, there should be plenty of professional caretakers who can help despite the system surrounding their shop. It's just that statistically speaking the odds are not in favour of mainstream therapy, vanilla psychology or oldschool psychiatry. Of course, wherever humans meet, a heart connection is never precluded, and it's a mistake to have it made sound otherwise. Even the convenience of a (thinly veiled) rent-a-friend service should warrant the basis of their existence.

It's funny that you should mention podcasting, I've had a go at it only just recently. My real life voice is a disowned process on its own though, still a thick layer of cringe baked into it from a decade of social isolation. It's only just beginning to regain some flexibility, and showing signs of becoming something other than sonic human repellent. Would be the perfect time to drop some heavier amounts of psychedelics on it, if it weren't for crypto taking a bit of a dive, heh.

Grateful to be of service. Buckle up for the bumpy ride, and don't forget to enjoy it every once in a while! ;)

im so grateful for all your responses guys. It really makes me feel others are intereasted too. I will definitely be back when the podcast is up and going and then you can witness what i hope will be my transformation for yourselves

Oh.

That took way too long to sink in.

This blows my mind and breaks my heart.

How do you mean? confused

Also the link to my daily vlog about mental health and addictions is:

I have a lot going on so the podcast will take time because it will be from actual factual studies and have more interesting info about psychedelic treatments.

Rabid

Your nick combined with your typos form some of the most uncanny "matrix code" I've ever come across, the confusion was mutual! I'm only now seeing your join date doesn't check out, and you're not someone whose mind I messed with returning the favour, heh.

Bookmarked your link, I'll check it out once my head is in the right place for it.

Jesus I need to sort the benzos. I don’t remember making the last couple of posts. I think you are right about psilocybin being more ‘emotional’ than LSD. Having said that iv had some pretty amazing acid trips that have kept me clean a while.
It’s just up- keep I guess. I dunno. I’m all fucked up and overwhelmed atm so no tripping right this second lol.

yGBf3G1.jpg

Psychedelic Medicine | Drug Addiction +70 articles​

🙏

no tripping right this second lol.
Don't trip but wise to address this sooner than later. The longer you go the more severe the WDs and tough to quit. I consider myself lucky I used for maybe a little over a year and got out. It was still tough.

Yeah iv done it before…don’t get me wrong. Took me about a year to get back to normal after the whole flubromazolam + clonazolam fiasco!
I just bought a shit load of bensedine and am just going to taper down - ‘just’ haha sounds to easy.
I do find using psychedelics helps but not while I don’t feel well if that makes sense.
I like to get it out of my body and then when I start feeling a bit more ‘normal’ hit myself with a 250ug tab of acid or a large dose of mushrooms - preying to whatever is out there to take it away but it usually only works for a few months annoyingly.
I don’t WANT to trip but I know I’ll feel a lot better after…