• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Advice about a Meth reaction - Red Face, Red Eyes, Blue hands and Blue Toes

Varekai1

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Hopefully someone might be able to help?

Hands are Blue, Toes are Blue, face and eyes are bright red, and i'm freezing cold.

I know there's obvious dangers with meth, but if someone consumed 1G of Meth and 50 mls of GBL in the last 3-4 days and has spent today trying to curb a comedown with more meth(which is now finished) and some alcohol, but now they're multicoloured and they look ill.

Should they drink more alcohol to help, or would that make things worse. There's also Valium, but think that would be best when the meth has fully worn off - plus shouldn't mix it with alcohol if I'm going to drink .

So, I ask again - why is this person changing colour, freezing cold (even though its fairly hot inside).
- What, given the available substances above would be best to take in order to calm their anxiety and restore their colour?

Many thanks for your help :)

Blue hands & toes (as well as chills) are a result of peripheral vasoconstriction - the methamphetamine causes your blood vessels to tighten, reducing blood flow to the extremities.

Dont drink alcohol.

The comedown wont be comfortable but you need to just get in the shower, have a bite to eat, fluids, some panadol or ONE 15mg tab of codeine and sleep it off.

Your blood pressure will be all over the joint, drink Gatorade.

Go to bed, chuck a sickie, doesnt matter.

Last edited:
Yeah that swim thing, who gives a shit, from looking at some history it pissed some people off enough to be put in the BLUA, now when the occasional noob uses it or their pet cat etc, the no swim responses are overwhelming.

Dont worry SWIM, it's not you at all, we wont mention it to anyone. talking about drugs is not illegal, just actually doing them/ exchanging so just talk and dont worry about it.

Just sounds like normal binge usage with the usual consequences of malnutrition and poor self maintenance. Get yourself a couple of pedialytes and drink a whole one, then fill the empty container up with water and drink that too. Try and eat some soft foods with carbohydrates and protein (chicken noodle soup, milk and scrambled eggs, ect...), then take a hot shower and try and grab a few hours of shut-eye. You are probably fine dude, just treat your body to electrolytes and water and protein/carbs when you treat your mind to stimulants.

Thanks, everyone! I rode it out till the early hours of this morning then passed out asleep and have woken up normal colour again - phew! Eyes are still a bit pink and I look like shit, but what did I expect. lol :)

That's scary. The blue is from lack of blood flow.

It's not that scary IMO. It's a common side effect of high dose/binge usage of stimulants. As long as the intake of water is sufficient and you take a nice hot shower, those side effects will be significantly diminished.

Dont drink alcohol.

The comedown wont be comfortable but you need to just get in the shower, have a bite to eat, fluids, some panadol or ONE 15mg tab of codeine and sleep it off.

Your blood pressure will be all over the joint, drink Gatorade.

Go to bed, chuck a sickie, doesnt matter.
I like your style my guy. 😂😎

Drinking water and mineral water is essential when taking stimulants. Electrolytes are really important to ensure the proper function of heart, blood circulation, body temperature... Few days without eating is sometimes ok, but drinking fluids and having electrolytes are nescessary.