View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advertised vs. Actual Doses of LSD?

boognishlives

Greenlighter
According to the DEA, lsd doses have been dropping since the 1960's, with current doses on the blotters they seize somewhere around 25-50 ug. However, the lsd I've seen advertised is often rated by the dealers at 125, 150, even 277 ug. What do you guys think about these advertised doses? Total bs?

BTW, this is my first post, so if I've violated any rules, please let me know. Thanks!

I suppose it probably varies wildly. However, most of the LSD I've had seems quite strong, with only one blotter required for a very fun trip and with two being a "can't stand up or communicate" during the peak type of trip. However, I live in a region that has generally been synonymous with LSD production and use ever since the 1960's, so it's entirely possible that I'm just spoiled. I'd estimate most of the blotter available in my region as being around 80-150 micrograms.

Welcome boognishlives, and great handle ;)

I can't contribute much here except to say it all depends, who knows.

But I do believe doses have become a lot smaller over the years, and I think all in all that's not a bad thing.

I've found liquid to usually be at a higher concentration than blotters, but it needs to be from a trusted source that won't dilute his vials.

I think people severely underestimate how powerful LSD can be, though. People often talk of taking 500mcg-1mg and "tripping".. if you take that much of actual, confirmed LSD you probably wouldn't be able to see the wall across from you.

Who knows? Its certainly almost always less than what the dealer advertises, thought.

And I do believe people are always overestimating how much they took. I have no evidence, it's just something that I believe. If i read a trip report of a guy saying he did a large quantity, I wont pay any attention to his dosage numbers because they most likely are wrong.

People get it wrong in order to brag, because they believed their dealer or because the experience was intense so they think it must've been a lot, when it really wasn't all that much. Like folley said, a lot of the people claiming to have done massive doses are most likely exaggerating it to a great extent.

Erowid says the threshold of LSD is 20 micrograms. By cutting one into pieces, after measuring with a ruler in centimeters, it should be easy to guage if you don't know the actual dose of said blotter.

Word of mouth for how many vs mics is probably more accurate. I..e. "So and so had 4. Or. You only need two."

Some people may be able to actually tell you. Who knows. LSD hasn't gotten less potent over time.

I don't have a whole lot of experience asking people how much they took and then measuring mmm... what they actually took?

In my extremely limited experience, I find people overestimate because they honestly don't know and have no way of knowing; not to brag about it. That may be just my experience.

It could also be that you took more than you thought, hypothetically. It makes logical sense that the doses get exaggerated but the LSD also degrades, and people may have weaker reactions to the same dose. The opposite could wind up being true in such cases where you get something from a third party, aren't they all, and are told it is only a weak dose.

Erowid says the threshold of LSD is 20 micrograms. By cutting one into pieces, after measuring with a ruler in centimeters, it should be easy to guage if you don't know the actual dose of said blotter.

Word of mouth for how many vs mics is probably more accurate. I..e. "So and so had 4. Or. You only need two."

Some people may be able to actually tell you. Who knows. LSD hasn't gotten less potent over time.
That is only an average threshold. You have no idea what the variation is.

Most dosages are doubled on those sites, if you look at one prominent vendor they advertise 250 but actually only sell 80mic tabs, no one seems to notice. I found out with the help of the acid in canada thread here, thanks guys! A few vendors are legit tho

For me it's 20-25.

Most dosages are doubled on those sites, if you look at one prominent vendor they advertise 250 but actually only sell 80mic tabs, no one seems to notice. I found out with the help of the acid in canada thread here, thanks guys! A few vendors are legit tho

None of those Canadian prints are 200 mics, not even close. The problem is already outlined in this thread, one guy says his doses are 200 then the next guy has to say that too just keep up. Considering that most people who get their LSD online are not experienced at all no one ever gets called out. I micro dosed a 1/4 hit and estimated it to be 80 mics and then when those avengers guys tested the print it was 80 mics, I am pretty confident in my ability to estimate strength. A shocking number of posters online seem to just take whatever number they were given as fact. While I don't care about people thinking they did large amounts when they didn't, there is a cumulative effect of these kinds of posts. Eventually young people think 250 mics is a nice light dose because a whole bunch of people took 75 mic hits and were told they were 250. It's not healthy for the community to be so off on the numbers. If one day they really do take 300 mics they are going to be in for a hell of a shock. Almost every time I hear some kid say they dropped a huge amount it's because they think they have 200 mic hits.

For me it's 20-25.

Eventually young people think 250 mics is a nice light dose because a whole bunch of people took 75 mic hits and were told they were 250. It's not healthy for the community to be so off on the numbers. If one day they really do take 300 mics they are going to be in for a hell of a shock. Almost every time I hear some kid say they dropped a huge amount it's because they think they have 200 mic hits.

Exactly man accurate dosage listings across the board is really a harm reduction issue. Some youngin's gonna eat 1000mics not expecting much and walk in to traffic or some other retarded thing and furthur (lol) L's bad rap.

Also would you happen to have a link or proof of that Avengers test? No one believes me that a certain canadian vendor is a lying @#4%%# who's overcharging by a longshot and I would love to help that community direct their funds towards some better goods!

Also would you happen to have a link or proof of that Avengers test? No one believes me that a certain canadian vendor is a lying @#4%%# who's overcharging by a longshot and I would love to help that community direct their funds towards some better goods!

These are some test results which might be real:
http://i25c62nvu4cgeqyz.onion/viewtopic.php?id=8277
and
http://i25c62nvu4cgeqyz.onion/viewtopic.php?id=11362

If you are not aware of .onion -links, have a look at https://www.torproject.org/

Did u just say this to continue the discussion?

What does variation mean here?

Id assume erowid based
that on data. I said that after doing LSD many times and experimenting with measured 16th 8th and 1/4 fractions of blotter.

What does variation mean here?

Id assume erowid based
that on data. I said that after doing LSD many times and experimenting with measured 16th 8th and 1/4 fractions of blotter.

I think he meant in the respect that some people will be more sensitive than others, so whilst 20µg my produce threshold physiological effects for one person, it may not for another and on top of that it may or may not produce any psychologically perceived alteration.

From the erowid footnotes on threshold dose

Double-blind studies on 14 healthy subjects confirmed that LSD fails
to elicit a physiological response in doses less than 20 mcg.
Dramatic psychic symptoms, e.g. deviations from normal in body image,
thought, and emotion, occurred only with dosages in excess of 20 mcg.
However, careful observation and questioning revealed certain changes
in affect and psychomotor activity with doses as low as 7 mcg.
Classical schizophrenia-like symptoms first begin to appear when the
dose exceeded 30 mcg.

In 7 of 12 normal subjects 40-60 mcg. LSD orally produced autonomic,
psychic and EEG responses. In 4 subjects only 1 or 2 of these
responses were observed. In 1 case LSD had no effect. The effects are
considered to be an expression of neurotic hyperexcitability
(shortening of refractory period) and a reduction in the "filtering"
of impulses through nervous centers.

There are more excerpts here: https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_dose1.shtml

Yeah, that sounds about right. I bought the supposed Canadian 250s myself and I figured I better only try 1/2 a tab first because that would be a pretty solid dose of 125 mcg. I barely tripped. Very slight CEVs. Seemed like a threshold dose, maybe 40 mcg. One and a half was pretty solid but still not much in the way of visuals. It definitely wasn't 375 mcg, which would have been an extreme trip. I'm wondering about the crystal form which is also being sold. Would it really be pure or would it be cut? One of the onion pages linked in this thread said that one supplier's tabs tested out as 264 mcg (if I recall) so I guess high dose blotters are available. I don't think the ones I got were though.

Last edited:
. I'm wondering about the crystal form which is also being sold. Would it really be pure or would it be cut? [/QUOTE said:
I read that it was champagne or very low quality Xtal. So perhaps a large dose of impure xtal to result in a weak tab?
Maybe he just doesn't know how to lay sheets properly none of my tabs were anywhere near 200

I read that it was champagne or very low quality Xtal. So perhaps a large dose of impure xtal to result in a weak tab?
Maybe he just doesn't know how to lay sheets properly none of my tabs were anywhere near 200

Another weird thing is that there were no noticeable tremors like I usually get from LSD and very little visuals. It was more like the effects I get from LSZ. Seems odd that he would be selling LSZ as acid since they cost about the same though.

Last edited: