• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adverse effects of light ketamine use?

matador2r

Greenlighter
I am new to ketamine use and I have a couple questions. If one consumes a decent quantity of K over the course of a night (spread out into many small bumps) are there any potential adverse effects of this? I know you can get into a k-hole if you do too much all at once but if it's spread out is it fine?

Second question - I've noticed that the day after I do ketamine I have a bit of an "afterglow" and I feel a bit happier and less anxious than normal. Then it wears off and I go back to being emotionally all over the place. Does anyone know if occasional use can produce a comedown or withdrawal of any kind? Kind of similar to the molly blues? Since ketamine helps with depression I can imagine it could bring your happy chemicals up and then let them fall back down again.

Ketamine abuse is hard on the bladder. It is also somewhat psychologically addicted.

I wouldn't use it more than once every couple of weeks, perhaps 100mg or less every 2 weeks to be particularly cautious and to maximize its benefits (if you truly aren't trying to get high)

Over the course of one night you are fine. It's when you keep doing it for multiple days or longer where the more serious issues can show up. I've known people to do small bumps throughout the entire day that help with their depression. And I've known straight up heavily addicted people who sniff up to 7gm's a day. It does take its toll on your body in many ways. But it's always best to stay fully hydrated and to take long breaks if possible.

Yeah you get comedowns off it, some batches are worse than others as some K depleats more dopamine than others, it's very addictive for some people and what starts off as fun, or self medicating anxiety and depression turns into abuse and then you can't even K hole off it, you get withdrawals too, it's not nice at all, I have had to stop as I was spending any money I had on it, which wasn't much but I was going without decent food because of it

Then lockdown meant the K started getting shit, so 80% of the time it was weak, bashed crap and I had enough of looking forward to getting some, spending the last of my money only for it to be crap!

Just for document sake, my own ketamine experience took place 2002 to mid 2005.

But besides the initial experience, all use was 2003 to 2005.

I had a great older lady friend right close, real party house. She cooked up fresh ket to request, any day of the week. It was on tap, the best pharmaceutical Ketamine.

20 g’s UK then, full 1000 mg’s too. Good deal anyway. Pure.
250 mg’s, was, 250 mg’s, every time.

It was a real party house too. A maze to get lost in. Ecstasy, great weed, acid here, there.

And we all went raving underground on weekends locally and London. I had the best ket source so I would typically take 2 grams to a party with me.

That, a ton of E’s, like 10 to 20, acid brilliant with Ketamine, or the other way round. Shrooms and weed. Messy times.

Often, Sunday nights back in Bedford, session on, more ket.

I never snorted above say, 0.6 grams in one line. Not full gram lines like those mad nuts lol, fitting on the floor or open eyed, comatosed like a scarecrow for hours!

I used ket regularly during the working week too, those 2 years. Probably 2.5 to 5 grams a week, for 2 years.

I was fortunate. I personally suffered no adverse, health damaging side effects. Just typical after effects, detoxing aka- comedown, respiratory aggravation etc.

But nothing lasting or impending.

I knew people who snorted gram lines, 12 times a day. Bladder, sinus consequences.

Yeah you get comedowns off it, some batches are worse than others as some K depleats more dopamine than others, it's very addictive for some people and what starts off as fun, or self medicating anxiety and depression turns into abuse and then you can't even K hole off it, you get withdrawals too, it's not nice at all, I have had to stop as I was spending any money I had on it, which wasn't much but I was going without decent food because of it

Then lockdown meant the K started getting shit, so 80% of the time it was weak, bashed crap and I had enough of looking forward to getting some, spending the last of my money only for it to be crap!
I've never heard of K depleting dopamine (in fact I think its the opposite, indirectly), and personally always have an afterglow. I've also never heard of ketamine withdrawals, pretty sure that would all be mostly psychological

Last edited:
I've never heard of K depleting dopamine (in fact I think its the opposite, indirectly
I mean after it's wore off it does, like it acts on dopamine and you feel when it wears off as a come down the next day, I do, and others do that do K often, or have done in the past

I've also never heard of ketamine withdrawals, pretty sure that would all be mostly psychological

Mostly yeah, but not only psychological,

Have you been addicted to K and came off it yeah? I've been through it, so have a lot of people I know, and there are treatment centers for it

Here's just one link I found

Mostly yeah, but not only psychological,

Have you been addicted to K and came off it yeah? I've been through it, so have a lot of people I know, and there are treatment centers for it

Here's just one link I found

I'm sure there are a lot of drug treatment centers that have a page for everything including lsd, but yeah I've known multiple people who had a serious problem with it. And heard worse stories. I've never used it more than a few times a month, like most drugs, im mostly a binge user

And heard worse stories. I've never used it more than a few times a month, like most drugs, im mostly a binge user

Yeah I was too but done it whenever I could afford it, it just so happens that was only one a week or so, then couple of years ago took it daily for around 2 months and when I stopped I got withdrawals, it's definitely more psychological though, so fucking bad on the cravings man, really is bad

Yeah I was too but done it whenever I could afford it, it just so happens that was only one a week or so, then couple of years ago took it daily for around 2 months and when I stopped I got withdrawals, it's definitely more psychological though, so fucking bad on the cravings man, really is bad
Id love to do K daily but I do imagine it could get toxic really quick :(

Thanks everyone for your replies! I reaaaallllyyy enjoyed it and can already feel the temptation to seek it out to have my own supply, but considering how much I enjoy it, I should probably only do it socially when other people have it. I don't want to fall down that rabbit (k) hole lol

Yeah things can get nasty really quick with ketamine. It's a great mental escape and it makes you feel amazing while you're high on it. However it is very damaging on the body. Within a week of frequent use I've developed K-Cramps in the morning after a 8-10 break from use. It takes a lot of water and a heating pad on high on my stomach and or back for a couple hours to get back to normal. That's a great sign to stop use. This was using roughly 3.5gm a day for a week.

The goddamn stimulus check was more of an enabler than financial help.

Other than addiction and then getting into long term risks, I think one of the biggest short term risks doing ketamine is getting manic after use. You already spoke of an "afterglow" followed by instability. It's not that far off, especially if you're prone to that kind of thing. This can get very nasty, very quickly.